1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

T-Rex Sweeper Bass Chorus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fitz420, Apr 12, 2010.

1. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I just picked one up....if you didn't notice, its $99 at alot of the major retailers. Big discount from what it used to cost. I gotta say that i love it too. Far better than any chorus i've owned previously.

2. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    i'm sorry, i'm not set up to record and 99% of my gear stays in my bands trailer an hour from my house.

3. I really want one of these...

Where did you get yours?

4. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    i bought mine from macdaddymusic through ebay. great experience, too. ordered and paid on thursday, had it on my board on saturday for a gig.

5. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
  6. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    Enough to make me dump my Analog.man? Doubt it!

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Hm. The demo video is especially bad--not that the pedal sounds bad at all, just the horrible demonstration of it. But I will admit the last half-second where he actually plays bass notes sounds pretty good, and has a Palladino flavor.

Driven Crane likes this.
  8. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    I do like the pop-out-of-the-side Level adjustment knob..
    And all TRex pedals run optimally at 12v
    And German-made! :thumbs-up:

9. bass.bert

bass.bert

Dec 27, 2009
    nope. i think it's a danish company, but i heard they're manufacturing in china nowadays... :meh:
    it's a cool pedal, it sounds pretty organic. not as harsh or brilliant as let's say a digitech. i did some clips some time ago, but in a synth setup with some octavers put before: clip 1 clip 2

10. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    of course not.....thats the best i've heard. at $99 though, i haven't heard better.

11. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Says the sweeper is 9v DC. Which is a nice change from many/most of their pedals. I've stayed away from many of their pedals just do to the off the beaten path power requirements.

12. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Rhode Island, USA
    Ugh, tell me about it. He just gets done saying that it doesn't cut the low frequencies, then proceeds to play up at the 20th fret :rolleyes:

Anyways, it's actually a nice sounding chorus. Doesn't kill my GAS for a DC-2, though. :crying:

13. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    UP TO 12v, sorry. At least that's what I read when I was researching their power supply boxes

14. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    yeah, i ran it at 9v with my one spot and it was good. that demo really is the worst i've ever seen.

15. MrRumble

MrRumble

Aug 8, 2006
    Plymouth, MN
    Just got mine yesterday and it sounds great. Good deal for $99 on Amazon, Guitar Center and Musicians Friend.

16. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    WOW! Thanks so much for posting this.

I looked on MF but it said that there weren't any available. I checked Ebay and bought one from MacDaddy Music.

I've been looking for a good chorus, and was looking to buy an analogman, but didn't want to pay that much. I can't wait to get this!

17. Robertron

Robertron

Feb 12, 2010
    NewYork, NY
    The pedal sounds pretty good in the musikschmidt demo. I just wish I could understand German.

18. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    i bought my sweeper for £78 brand new ;)