T-Rex Twin Boost

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by heb9_28, Jul 26, 2013.

1. heb9_28

heb9_28

Jul 1, 2009
    So, I feel like I have a tendency to get really excited about new pedals when I get them and then after a while realize they are not quite as awesome as I initially thought they were. I recognize this.

This is not one of those times.

I recently scored a T-Rex Twin Boost pedal off of Ebay and it came yesterday. Two independent boosts with their own individual EQs. It is totally tansparent when EQs are set flat, and theres not a "massive" amount of gain for each level, (I'm sure I could find the specs somewhere if I felt like looking for them) but there is enough shaping to give me two very distinct sounds from each channel. I am super excited about this thing and I anticipate it staying on my board for a long time (but I've said that before...).

20130726_155616_zps5f76c50f.jpg

2. heb9_28

heb9_28

Jul 1, 2009
    So I know I'm bumping my own thread that has little or no interest, but I just feel the need to promote this pedal a little bit more.

When I click it on, I think "yessssss." When I click it off I think, "Where did my tone go?" What's awesome is that I have two specific EQ settings for my Jazz bass. I used to have a bass with an Audere preamp and I think that this EQ can offer close to the same EQ options, with two programmable settings. Obviously the drawback is the tweakability of the EQ but the sounds here are awesome.

Seriously awesome EQ with this pedal, as transparent as you want it or as colored as you want it.

3. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things.

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    very cool...If I had room on my board, I might consider this. Would be great on a gig where you had two different basses as well.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021