Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

T-Shirts

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by keithconn, Jan 4, 2002.

1. I love wearing and collecting cool t-shirts. I think a simple talkbass t-shirt would be a good idea. Simple Bass Clef on the front, and 'talkbass' on the back.

It would also be a good way to get some $$ for the site, no?

Anyone else willing to buy one if they were made up? I hope they are not already sold here and I missed them.

Just a suggestion for the site ...

K.

2. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    There used to be some shirts sold here. They were sold through cafepress. Last time i talked to paul he said that he may start up some more.
    I liked the last shirts. I got one that said "Got Bass?" on the front and a bassclef and talkbass.com on the back. You can kind of see a picture of it on my band's website (see my sig) and look in the member section at the first picture of me.

I would definatly be interested in some new shirts, but I tink we may need a fancier design.

-KB

3. yeah its a good idea.

i thought i had would be to throw open the design process to the members. there msut be a few 'artistic individuals out there!

i myself am training to be a graphic designer and would love to come up with a design.

if a brief was set e.g. must be within a certain set of dimensions

front and back

with talkbass.com on it

we could even have a competition for an accompanying slogan.

what do you think??

4. Yep.

And for an extra few $$ a member could have their TB handle printed on, too.

And there'd be an American Series Jazz bass for me, err, I mean the designer of the winning shirt, and that would be decided by a TB poll (provided there was a way to prevent vote rigging :D :eek:.) Sorry, I mean someone accidentally voting for themselves 3000 times.;)

John

5. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Yeah. Id definatly be interested in buying one. We could also make a contest of sort out of it. Maybe a free year at supporting member status or something? Just a suggestion.

6. That sounds like a great idea to me. Maybe some beanies that say talkbass.com and something else for us snowboarder/bassplayers. ;)

7. there actually was a competition for the best talkbass t-shirt design once... :)

I don't remember who won though..

8. lets do it again, then we could have some nice T's and paul could retire to the sun :)

stu

9. What about hoodies...Everyone likes hoodies + it friggin cold out right now

10. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    I'll buy one for my cousin one for my neighbor and on for myself! And i would like a black one, i would surely buy 2 or 3 of em. Also im interesting in any kind of bass tshirt, so other brand tshirts sold her i would buy also.

11. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I've got one :)

When I became a supporting member, there was an option to contribute more and get a T-shirt. Doesn't seem to be that option anymore....

12. i love talkbass, and i'd be well proud to wear a t-shirt or something of here, especially on stage..... :D

13. yeah that would be a good idea. I would wear it religiously! By the way gopher bob, cafepress only has white and grey shirts right now.

p.s. Can I make a design for the shirts?:D

14. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah, I remember that was an option for supporting members at a higher cost. I'd like to see if we could get that through Cafe' Press or whatever.

15. It wasn't just for supporting members and he did sell them through café press... :)

I don't remember how much they costed though..

there were also mugs and a mouse mat.. :)

16. Maybe a pic of FiElDy on the front.

And a JT Conklin on the back to really confuse people.:D

Rock on
    Eric

17. I second the hoodie and beanie ideas...yes, it's true, I'm a skateboarder....:oops: :rolleyes: :D

18. cordova

cordova

Oct 24, 2001
    Edmonton
    BOWLING SHIRTS!

We have to have bowling shirts.

With really big collars and everything!

19. i think a black t-shirt with a big image of a cloverleaf tuner on the front would be cool. then maybe a bass clef and "talkbass.com" on the back.

20. I would buy a Talk Bass T-shirt for sure.
    I'll brainstorm and see if I can come up with some ideas. A design contest would be really fun, with the winner getting some sort of prize.