Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tab for Jason Newstead's live bass solo?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Bassisart, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Bassisart

Bassisart

Jul 4, 2005
    Hey,
    Basically I need the tab for Jason Newstead's live bass solo (where he performs on the steps of the stage) unsure what Metallica video it's on but I'm sure you're aware of the one I'm refering to. If any of you have any links to a tab it'll be much appreciated.

Peace

2. ok i think the one your looking for is the one of cunning stunts. its called the guitar/bass doodle. just google that and bingo you should have it in no time.

this is this one
    http://www.bassmasta.net/m/metallica/102710.html

or not that one theres another he plaed on the live **** binge and purge boxset, in mexico city. not sure precisly what thats called but you sould find it if you search for metallica tabs.

and heres this one
    http://www.bassmasta.net/m/metallica/117277.html

3. and of course there is the Live **** B&P Seattle show, which will come up on MXtabs if you look, and the San Diago show is basically just To Live Is To Die.

4. I think he is talking about the one in Dallas Fort Worth, Texas.

5. i think so it the one of the Cunning stunts tour. sounds very nice. with the wah guitar in the background. its one of the first things i leart to play

6. fender_mod

fender_mod

Jun 23, 2005
    what ever he does he always breaks into 'my friend of misery' and jams on that for a while and then kirk comes in. ive got a few of jason's solo's on mp3. hell do things like 'drinking song' and 'the star spangled banner' before that. bassmasta.com and mxtabs.net should have em.

7. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    the one you are talking about is live s... binge and purge
    mexico city ..........he sits down on some steps