Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tab for Late in the Evening

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Dave44, Jan 30, 2003.

1. Help me find this tab for the bass line as well as the horn lines may try to incorporate the two.

2. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    You don't need tab for this... dear god.

The bassline for the whole song is root - octave - 9th - octaveroot again. There are 3 chords in the entire song. F, Bb, and C. If you spend 2 minutes with the recording and this information, you should be able to workout the entire song with ease.

I'll get you started: The first chord that the bass plays on during the intro is Bb.

3. It's not nice to berate people based on what you have read from 3 short lines. I have a dinky little getto blaster for a stero not much good for hearing small parts of a bassline and I also stated that I'd like to add the horn lines and mix the two. My Mom always told me if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. Thanx for the reply

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

If that was the case, most TV News programmes would be empty - in fact most of TV would just be a blank screen!! ;)

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Let's keep this civil, shall we?

6. beermonkey

beermonkey

Sep 26, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    No!! You all suck! I hate you and your favorite band!!! ;) :D

To the initial poster-boy:

I was trying to help you, not make fun of you. Use your ears!! You'll be surprised how easy it is to pick out the bassline in that song if you just spend a little bit of time with it.