1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TAB POST: Marilyn Manson - Get Your Gunn

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by DiabolusInMusic, May 23, 2012.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

This post is for a fellow TB'er who wanted this song tabbed out. Here it is for everybody just in case somebody someday wants it as well. Here we go

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Get Your Gunn - Marilyn Manson
    From the album Portrait of an American Family
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tabbed by: Diablousinmusic (Talkbass Handle)
    E-mail: Don't e-mail me just update the tab and credit me where due

Tuning: Standard

I will state first and foremost, this is an outline, this is not exact in terms
    of rhythm and count. On the verse, you need to listen carefully to the timing.
    The timing is trickiest part of the song. Other thsan that it is a pretty
    simple two part song from what I can tell. I found it mixed very guitar heavy
    on my speakers/headphones, I had a hard time clearly hearing the bass.

I am not 100% certain on the verse, but I think that it is correct. I am
    certain on the chorus, except for the last F and G, I am not sure if he hits
    those up where I tabbed them, or lower on the E string. Either one works, same
    note.

The timing in the verse is 6/4, and the chorus is 4/4. So take note of that.

Verse 6/4
    G|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    E|-0-0-3-0---0--7--6--0--0---5--7--------------------------------------------|

Chorus 4/4
    G|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    A|---------------------------------------------------------8-8-8---10-10-----|
    E|--0-0-0----6-6-6----3-3-3--4-4-3-3-----0-0-0----6-6-6----------------------|

Please feel free to upload this tab to as many tab sites as possible, in fact I encourage it, just please credit me where due.