1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TAB POST:Stoner Rock: Hermano - Kentucky

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by DiabolusInMusic, Jun 26, 2012.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

In part 2 of our 5 part stoner rock tab installment we will be covering one of my favourite songs, by a great band, Hermano. They're fronted by the legendary John Garcia, with Dandy Brown on the low end. I wanted to avoid odd tunings like C standard and anything one couldn't do on their normal 4 banger but I quickly broke that rule with this song, it goes down to B so you will need either a 5+ string or a 4 string tuned BEAD.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KENTUCKY - Hermano
    From the album ...Into the Exam Room
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The timing and structure are not 100% accurate, this is an outline, you need
    to listen to where the parts go and proper timing.

Notes : The solo riff is just a variation of the verse riff. Out of the solo
    he holds on the B then he pedals it to a build up, into the main riff and out.
    Also from around 1:47-1:52ish going into the bridge the bass climbs from the
    D to the B on the B string, listen to the track. It is a pretty straight
    forward song, and fun to play.

Fun Fact: The sample in the intro is Dan Aykroyd yelling at John Candy in John
    Hughes film The Great Outdoors.

Tuning: B Standard

Intro
    G|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    B|-12-12-12---12-12-12---12-12-12---12-12-12---12\---------------------------|

Verse
    A|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    E|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    B|-10-12---0-10-12---0-10-12---0-10-12---0-10-12---0-10-12---0-10-12---12\---|

Chorus
    A|-7-7-----------------------7-7---------------------------------------------|
    E|-----7p5h7p5----------7--------7p5h7p5-------------------------------------|
    B|-------------0-0-0-0-------------------3-3-3-3-----------------------------|

I would love to hear any comments, concerns and complaints you might have. If you like the tab and think it is worthy please share it to your favourite tab site I have submitted the tab to ultimateguitartabs.com, I don't know of any others.

:bassist: