1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TAB POST:Stoner Rock: Spiritual Beggars - Treading Water

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by DiabolusInMusic, Jun 28, 2012.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

For part 4 I was going to do a Down tab, I figure they are one of, if not, the most commercially successful stoner rock bands so I figured everybody listened to them. Well, apparently a lot of people do, because there are guitar tabs for pretty much every song, so you can figure them out from the if you need a tab, they follow fairly closely.

I decided to go with another one of my favourite bands, Spiritual Beggars, from an absolutely killer record, Demons. I was going to do the intro and second track as they have some serious riff-age, but once again, I found a guitar tab for those, so you can figure them out from that.

So begins the tab!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TREADING WATER - Spiritual Beggars
    From the album - Demons
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The timing and structure are not 100% accurate, this is an outline, you need
    to listen to where the parts go and proper timing. This bass tab is not note
    for note, the bass line is pretty busy. If you want to know all the fills, it
    will be great practice for your ear. The bass in the song is also very hard
    to hear in the mix, it is very deep.

There are only a couple riffs, you'll have to listen for their placement.
    I am also very bad at naming sections, so don't flame me for it.
    The solo riff is just the main riff moved up one whole step. I put an approx
    time so you have some reference in the tab.
    The song closes on the low open C.

Tuning: Drop C (Down one whole step with a drop D) tab is in relation to that

Main riff
    G|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    A|---0---------1---1-0-1-3---3-1-0----0--------------------------------------|
    E|-0-----0-2-3---------------------5-----------------------------------------|

This riff first heard around 0:31ish - Out of solo riff
    D|-------------------3-----5/6-5-3-------------------------------------------|
    A|-5--5--3h5--5--3-5---5-----------5-3--5--5--3h5--5--5-3--------------------|
    E|-----------------------------------------------------------5-3----------------|

Verse
    D|---------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    A|-----------1-1-1-1---3-3-3-3-----------------------------------------------|
    E|-0-0-0-0-----------------------5-5---7-------------------------------------|

Into solo 2:00ish -Solo
    G|---------------------|-------------------------5---------------------------|
    D|---------------------|-----------------------5-----------------------------|
    A|-5-5--6-6--7-7--8-8--|--7-7--7-9-7---3--3--3------5--5--5-3-2-0--0-2-0-----|
    E|---------------------|----------------------------------------------------5-4-|

Solo Continued - 2:08ish
    G|-----------------------------------------------|---------------------------|
    D|-----------------------------------------------|---------------------------|
    A|---------------3---3-2-3---5-5---5-3-2-0-2--2--|------Into 2nd riff listed-|
    E|--2-2---2--4-5---------------------------------|---------------------------|

I would love to hear any comments, concerns and complaints you might have. If you like the tab and think it is worthy please share it to your favourite tab site I have submitted the tab to ultimateguitartabs.com, I don't know of any others.

:bassist: