1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

tab ?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by squirebass, Apr 13, 2006.

1. squirebass

squirebass

Mar 28, 2006
    Iowa
    Can anyone explain to me how to play this, 0 / 7.
    I have this in a tab Im working on but just not sure how to do it.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

2. I believe that denotes a slide from an open string to the 7th fret of the same string.

3. Eddie95Z28

Eddie95Z28 I play bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Detroit Area, Michigan
    You would play the string open then slide up to the 7th fret. What song is it? Depending on the song you should be able to hear it.

EDIT: We must of posted at nearly the same time... Your response wasn't there yet.

4. squirebass

squirebass

Mar 28, 2006
    Iowa
    The song is Metallica Fade to Black. So when I slide from open to 7, do I slide from 6 to 7 or 1 to 7? I just cant seem to get the proper sound.

Thanks

5. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    Maybe the tab isn't quite right. I've worked on several pieces where the tab says one thing in a particular section, but my ears hear another...try it an octave higher and see if the notes are correct there, or work on it until you think they ARE correct, then move it back down where it's supposed to be.

6. You would slide up from the nut for a 0-7 slide such as that. (unless it is an octave up as ldervish said. I'm not famililiar with the bass part for that song.)