Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tabacco finish Spector Re-Bop.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PollyBass, Feb 20, 2003.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Guys, I dig,,,, i dig alot. Is this new? Looks fantastic.

[​IMG]

2. looks nice. i don't like spectors with quilt maple, dunno why. spectors look better like that. and that finish is sweet.

3. I dig the color, I just don't really like the sound of the ReBop...it's too..idk cheap sounding. But Spectors are dang comfy!

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Cheap sounding? Wow, your the first person I have ever heard call ANY spector "Cheap sounding". oh well, to each his own. I'm gassing for a 5 string Czech in black cherry myself,,,, or I was,,, till i saw this,,,,, looks kinda good.

5. Personally, the Czech models are some of the best basses I've ever played, in ANY price range. But I really don't like the ReBop models that much.

And of the finishes with the quilt, I really like 'em, especially the natural one. Don't know why.

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

I agree! And I love quilt maple - none of mine have that though, one is high gloss black, one is Holoflash, and one has a Blueburst - looks like flamed maple underneath!

A Black Cherry with a quilted look would be my dream bass right now!

I must admit though, I haven't tried the Re-Bop model - and doubt I will, you just don't get them around here. The 2 that I got in the UK had to be ordered, the 3rd came from Germany!

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The bass looks nice but the few Re=Bop's I tried had horrible feeling necks, very Warwick like. :(

8. Thats a very nice lookin Spector, I havent played any, but Id sure like to

9. I'm sure the American Spectors would change my opinion...

10. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    *gasp*

Say it isn't so!! :eek:

I haven't tried the Rebop yet, but would like to if given the chance. Still, I'm in love with the Spector neck throughs, and I wonder if their bolt-on basses outside of the US models would be enough to win me over.

11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    And wallet size.

12. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    That sunburst goes great with the overall shape, but make it a sunburst with a trans red over quilt......mmmm

I like the thick warwicky necks, nice and substantial. Not to say I don't like the thin necks too tho.