1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tabacco finish Spector Re-Bop.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PollyBass, Feb 20, 2003.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Guys, I dig,,,, i dig alot. Is this new? Looks fantastic.

[​IMG]

2. looks nice. i don't like spectors with quilt maple, dunno why. spectors look better like that. and that finish is sweet.

3. I dig the color, I just don't really like the sound of the ReBop...it's too..idk cheap sounding. But Spectors are dang comfy!

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Cheap sounding? Wow, your the first person I have ever heard call ANY spector "Cheap sounding". oh well, to each his own. I'm gassing for a 5 string Czech in black cherry myself,,,, or I was,,, till i saw this,,,,, looks kinda good.

5. Personally, the Czech models are some of the best basses I've ever played, in ANY price range. But I really don't like the ReBop models that much.

And of the finishes with the quilt, I really like 'em, especially the natural one. Don't know why.

6. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

I agree! And I love quilt maple - none of mine have that though, one is high gloss black, one is Holoflash, and one has a Blueburst - looks like flamed maple underneath!

A Black Cherry with a quilted look would be my dream bass right now!

I must admit though, I haven't tried the Re-Bop model - and doubt I will, you just don't get them around here. The 2 that I got in the UK had to be ordered, the 3rd came from Germany!

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The bass looks nice but the few Re=Bop's I tried had horrible feeling necks, very Warwick like. :(

8. Thats a very nice lookin Spector, I havent played any, but Id sure like to

9. I'm sure the American Spectors would change my opinion...

10. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    *gasp*

Say it isn't so!! :eek:

I haven't tried the Rebop yet, but would like to if given the chance. Still, I'm in love with the Spector neck throughs, and I wonder if their bolt-on basses outside of the US models would be enough to win me over.

11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    And wallet size.

12. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    That sunburst goes great with the overall shape, but make it a sunburst with a trans red over quilt......mmmm

I like the thick warwicky necks, nice and substantial. Not to say I don't like the thin necks too tho.