Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TabCrawler.com!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Hategear, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I finally checked out this site (it sure as hell looks like a TalkBass ripoff to me), as I have recently seen many of you TalkBassers referring to it. I joined today under the name "GWARrior" and my intentions are to infiltrate their li'l 'burg and cause confusion, chaos and panic among the regulars there. Also, it'll be nice to think that I could very possibly be the most intelligent poster on there. :D

PS...Don't worry Paul, my loyalties (and my best posts) will be saved for the forums of TalkBass and my check should be in the mail shortly. ;)

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    you go man!

i was also thinking of joining just to smack some people there and guide the good ones to the "good path" of bass playing :D

i visit that forum when i feel like i have read all the messages on TB :eek: at least it gives me time to wait for new messages on TB..

the thing i totally hate about that place is the huge pics of Blink 182 on people´s signatures and avatars! :mad: *** are they trying to prove? is totally annoying...

i get a good laught on some ignorant people there that actually think they are the best thing since jaco just because they can play "carrousel" :D

i guess i´m one of the first people i reffered that forum to all of you... i made that just to show you people that there´s no place like HOME (i mean Talkbass of course)

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i sure would hate to have some of their more retarded members follow you back over here.

i've generally found that these kinds of things tend to make more of a mess than they solve, from experience.

4. Two things, one, don't waste your time.
    two your goals have already happened long before you got there.

p.s. If you do deside to waste your time there do not refer to TB, the mods work hard enough with out some of them showing up.

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i actually have never posted there... i once said that i don´t want any of those punks over there so you can rest peacefully because i will never reffer talkbass on my trips over there ;)

6. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Happy Birthday.

Re: tabcrawler... bleah... make sure you bathe after going there.

7. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Whatever you do, do NOT post a link back to Talkbass.com - we do not want trolls to come visit us especially now. The level of maturity in that forum is less than a kindergarten's.

8. My God! I finally went over there to see what the fuss was about, The majority of those guys can't even get a thought across with all the hacked words and butchered sentences! I feel sorry for the few there who are seeking honest advice and feedback, but not enough to risk the idiots there coming to this site. If your looking for an argumentive thread, go over there and post any reasonable thought and the idiots will flock to it within minutes.

9. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    There must also be an "add swear word" option, because few of 'em can post without using the eff-word umpteen million times.

Paul, can you add an "add swear word" option to TalkBass? :D

10. Tabcrawler is the pits. If they have mods, they sure don't like to rear their ugly mugs very often.

Have you seen some of the attitudes towards the bombing over there? I think half the time they write stuff they don't even agree with just to get arguments.

My brother goes there....he's a guitarist! :)

11. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I don't enjoy TC very much(btw, I have the same name there). The mods NEVER do their work and every other post is about Blink-182, it drives me crazy.

12. I've got a great idea lets tell them about this thread also:D

13. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Has anyone noticed the poetry competition they've got running on the front page? The mind boggles...

14. "Tabcrawler, Tabcrawler
    it's a pit
    bassists rule cos guitar is ....! "