Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TABs

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Little Wing, Feb 2, 2002.

1. Little Wing

Little Wing

Jan 19, 2002
    I know tabs are'nt very popular among many of you guys, but I need them to give a slight indication on where to start. I have been unable to find tabs for CCR - Up Around The Bend and Eric Clapton and B.B. King - Riding With The King. Can anyone help??

Also I think I have worded out the simple basslines for Fleetwood Mac - Dr. Brown and Canned Head - On the road again but if anyone could suggest where i might get the tabs as i need to check how i have done.

2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
  3. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Also try activebass.com and harmonycentral.com.

4. When you get them post them here and people will show you how they are wrong.

Just kidding people will probably just ignore you haha.

But seriously, if you look at all those places you will probably find four different versions; chances are none of them are right.

And any way wouldn’t it just be easier to learn to read music?

I mean reading E0 E3 E3 E5 E3 A3 A5 E3 is no less complicated then E G A C D G

And the notes come with cool fiddly bits that actually tell you the tempo and when to hit it too.
    :D

5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Well said,well said.

I made the change from tabs,to notes a few months ago,and im a lot happier.I feel better,and look better(well maybe not look better).