Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tacoma CB10 A/E Fretless Bass For Trade??

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Cathead, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Cathead

Cathead

Dec 13, 2002
    Premier, WV
    I have a Tacoma CB10 acoustic/electric fretless bass I would like to trade to a fretted version of the same model, so if you live close to southern West Virginia and have a fretted version you would like to trade to my fretless drop me a note at cathead77@yahoo.com.

2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Would you consider a trade for a five string fretted Tacoma without electronics?

Peace
    Nick

3. Cathead

Cathead

Dec 13, 2002
    Premier, WV
    Nick, I really would rather have the electronics. I don't mind it being a 5-stringer, but the electronics are a must for me. Thanks for inquiring.

4. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    hmmm....have you ever tried to take the neck off the tacoma? I'm tossin around the idea of havin some tacoma fretless fun. It'd be a lot cheaper to try to ship a neck than it would the whole bass.

Kevin

5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thanks anyways.

Ive mic'ed it quite succesfully in the past for shows and its loud enough for intimate jam sessions as Im sure you are aware.

Let me know if you reconsider.

6. Cathead

Cathead

Dec 13, 2002
    Premier, WV
    You know, I hadn't thought of that. After all, it's a bolt on neck. Hmmmm....thanks for the idea. I will have to do some research here and see what all is involved. Thanks again.

Nick, I suppose the biggest reason I want the electronics is because of the home recording I do. It's very difficult to achieve a quiet setting at my house, so the electronics eliminates the problem. And, as far as being loud enough for intimate jam sessions.....you are absolutely right. The Tacoma does very well unplugged.

7. Cathead

Cathead

Dec 13, 2002
    Premier, WV
    Kevin, here's what the Tacoma tech had to say about it:

A replacement neck runs about $450 MSRP and would need to be ordered through an authorized dealer. It may be possible to change out with no problems however since our necks are finished and sanded by hand individually once they finish from the milling machines, there are some slight differeces from neck to neck and on the bodies from neck pocket to neck pocket on the actual guitar. For this reason, we don't recommend changing out the neck unless it needs to be done to make the instrument playable. When we build them, we mate a neck to a guitar body earlier in the process so that final fitting is very easy for set-up.

Customer Service

8. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    oh....well in that case i suppose its good to leave the neck on it. Good one on checking it out with Tacoma. I hope you find a fretted one for trade

Kevin