Tacoma ThunderChief Acoustic/Electric strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mckinaso, Feb 17, 2005.

1. mckinaso

Feb 17, 2005
    I just bought an acoustic electric bass, Tacoma CB10 and want to know what everyone would recommend for strings on this bass? I know I need to get .45-.100 I play acoustic guitar a lot and mainly chose Elixir strings due to their longevity and also easy playability all over the neck.. do they have Elixir's for the above mentioned bass? I went to the www.juststrings.com and under electric/acoustic bass strings they do not have elixir listed. Is there are reason you can't use these strings on this guitar? Also they are available for Electric basses.. but has anyone tried the elixir's on an acoustic/electric bass?

I mainly do recording projects and I need to keep fret noise to a bare minimum and I need to get used to the bigger frets without losing sound quality, I know elixir has what it takes.. but would like to hear more suggestions? Anybody?
  2. basscentric

Feb 22, 2005
    I'm not sure what elixir kind they were...but my first set of strings on the Tacoma were elixir...that's what tacoma was putting on them a few years ago and they sounded pretty good.
  3. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Elixr does make bass strings, but I don't think they make acoustic/electric style strings for bass. The tension might be too much even if they did.
  4. basscentric

Feb 22, 2005
    I just got the Labella deep talkin nylons and i ain't going back...they are awesome!