Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

tad kinchla

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by quantum5, Jul 4, 2003.

1. blus traveler's bassist tad kinchla is one of the most inventive up-an-coming guys this side of stefan lessard and if anyone has any resources for finding tablature for blues traveler that would be awesome thanx

2. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    I believe Tad plays guitar. Bobby Sheehan played bass for them until august of 98 when he died. They have a new guy now who is very awesome as well. I always liked Bobbys song "Im Alone" from the 2nd? album. Both bassists really have the groove down.

Joe

3. i know bobby did play for them but on the website it says tad does play bass. hes plays modulus quantums and mesa boogie cabs.
    do u have any info on how to find blues traveler tabs? espcecially "but anyway" thanx for the help

4. no i know tad plays bass. he took over in like 98 or 99. he plays quantums just like me :D

if u can help me out with finding any blues traveler tabs especially "but anyway" that would be super helpful

5. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    Yeah youre right about tad, I was thinking of Chan Kinchla that plays guitar. Id bet serious money that the new bassist IS Tad since i never heard the name LOL. If you got AIM ill help you with But anyway, i know that one well.

Joe

6. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The new bassist is indeed Tad Kinchla, brother of guitarist Chan, and no offense to Bobby, but the band sounds 100% better now.

7. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    I agree that they sound alot better now, but i seriously dont think its because of the bass. Bobby was always playing the right lines, but the band sometimes went out into nowhere (live). Ive always thought he was the one that actually made them seem good to me, but now they sound good anyway.

Joe

8. yeah i have aim. my screen name is bikert87. i dont need major help but some of the weird fills he is doing in there are startin to get to me.

ps. do u know any finger exercises i could do to stregthen up my ring finger on my left hand?

9. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    sure, here goes:

1- ----2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2-3....
    or 1-3-1-3-1-3-1-3-

You can do a series of trills that concentrate on a specific finger....

G---3-2--------------------3-2---------
    D-------3-2-------------3-2----3-2-----
    A-----------3-2-----3-2----------------
    E---------------3-2--------------------

Keep doing this one over and over JUST using hammerons. No right hand needed.

Oh BTW: These are finger numbers not frets. They work on any frets. To stay on topic... Try the live album from BT called "Live from the Fall" Plenty of good dexterity exercises on that one! Also plenty of good blues/rock riffs that I will always use.

Joe

10. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I've seen Blues Traveler with both Bobby & Tad.....they where great both times, but I think Tad brings a little newer flavor and energy to the band.

11. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    Yes i agree. He definatly adds a "modern" feel to their music!

Joe

12. XxBassmanxX

XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    To add to my previous post...

You can do alot of 4-3-4-3-4-3-4-3 exercises to help your ring finger as well. Using it as support for the pinky will help you build strength. Its funny how even though the pinky is the smallest my ring finger is the weakest. After many hours of countless dexterity exercises i can honestly say... OUCH IT BURNS!!!!

Joe

13. Twangster101

Twangster101 You gonna pull them pistols or whistle Dixie? Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2012
    South Mississippi
    Saw Tad play live in Meridian , MS last night. They Rocked it!

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Tad's brother Chan plays guitar.