1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TAFM at bassEFX

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Christofolo, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Christofolo

Christofolo

Mar 17, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Hello everyone!

So browsing earlier today I figured since the TAFM seems to be sold out ill just pick up the DMB humble. Turns out bassEFX shows up like hey we got TAFMs too! So I pulled the trigger. I'll update once it comes in with pics as they seem to have a new bit of artwork.

That is, I pray the site is legit and will deliver lol.

2. They are legit

3. M Sterling

M Sterling Gold Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    very legit, I'm heading there now.

4. Fro 20

Fro 20

Feb 23, 2009
    Buffalo, New York
    They are legit, Chad over there is a nice guy to deal with

5. MaxMaps

MaxMaps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, Oregon
    Brian is going to make around 10 custom tafm's this week. They will be for sale on his etsy page. Just watch the facebook feed for the details.

6. Christofolo

Christofolo

Mar 17, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Chad called me before lunch to make me a permanent customer lol. Never seen anyone give me a courtesy call for buying a product like he has. Legit indeed!

The pedal shipped today and for free as well. WINNING.

7. recreate.me

recreate.me

Apr 2, 2010
    Ontario
    I am checking that Etsy page like 3 times a day now! I would love a TAFM! From what I have heard they seem to sound really crazy, with some really usable settings for 'normal' songs lol

I am interested in picking one for a drum and bass, death from above 1979, type band.

I hope I get one!

8. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Everyone should own a TAFM. Its a simple fact of life.

I think Brian said that he was taking pictures out of National Geographic magazines and using that as pedal artwork. I'm very happy with mine, but its tempting to get another one.

9. recreate.me

recreate.me

Apr 2, 2010
    Ontario
    Yea, He has some F*ck Overdive pedals for sale that have really cool National Geographic art work on them. Thats really what I am waiting for haha

I have seen that all the pedals are different, which is great and a little scary because i don't want to buy them from a store that uses a stock imagine online and then have the pedal show up and not like how it looks. I think I am going to wait a little bit and make sure i see the pedal before i buy it so i know what it looks like.

10. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    If you're buying one of the ones he's posting on the Etsy store, it'll be the one in the picture. You can also try Fuzzhugger.com, because they're set up so you see the pedal you're buying (assuming its in stock there). Or you could always shoot Brian an email and ask for a custom one.

11. recreate.me

recreate.me

Apr 2, 2010
    Ontario
    I added SS/BS on facebook and followed the feed and checked out the photos that he posted yesterday about the TAFMs coming this week. About 1.5 hours ago he posted the first 5 of them up on the etsy store and i already bought the one i liked the best out of the 10 coming this week.

Yeah it was a very intense burst of GAS after a couple weeks of searching up fuzz/OD pedals. From what i hear of these pedals they just cant be beat! They have the craftsmanship, the looks, and the price backing up that great sound!

I am fighting hard against buying one of the F_ck Overdrives on the Etsy too lol Being broke now makes it easier.

12. BassEFX looks really cool. Good to know people have had positive experiences already. I swear I will never order from prymaxe again. Long story short, they messed up twice on my order, I got two burnt out sorry's, oh, and they offered my the 15% discount that was already going on, so that was nice of them. I learned my lesson the hard way. Order direct from the builder whenever possible. And if not, bassefx looks like a nice back-up plan as well as stompthatbox.

13. smllsnd/bigsnd

smllsnd/bigsnd Commercial User

Mar 18, 2009
    philadelphia, PA
    owner, smallsound/bigsound
    chad from bassEFX is great by the way!

14. Christofolo

Christofolo

Mar 17, 2012
    Miami, FL
    Mine came in yesterday finally and got a few pics, I definitely recommend this pedal to anyone who wants to make some noise as the output is really powerful and you can get distortion and muse-like sounds from it really easy (for those that didnt know).

IMAG0019.
    IMAG0020.

15. kenstee

kenstee

Oct 9, 2009
    Chad's a class act that's for sure. Spread the word!