1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tag Heuer Aquaracer

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by clockworkwar, Dec 9, 2006.

1. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    Hello,

I have been Looking at the Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAB2010.BA0804 for a long time. It looks so sleek and just everything I would need in a watch for me. I have yet to try one on, even though I gorp at them everytime I go past a local jeweller *dribble*.

So does anyone own that model or a similar Aquaracer model? If yes can you tell me whats it like to live with (stupidly worded question)?

Thank you.

2. clavefa

clavefa Te Traigo El Tumbao

I'm not familiar with all models, but I do like their styles.

Out of my range right now. I need basses:hyper:

3. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    If it ain't a pocket watch, it ain't nuthin.

4. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    They are a bit pricey! But to be honest your going to keep them for most likely ever, so cost is not really an issue for me. Its just what are they like to wear? etc.

And yes basses do need to come to me as well, but atm i have GAS for a nice watch! And i mean nice lol.

5. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    Can someone help me please?

6. I have a Tag Watch. Don't wear it anymore. It was a great watch, very accurate, and I loved it, until one day it stopped keeping time. Turnes out there is a pcb on it that was fried. It would cost several hundred dollars to fix. Bottom line, If you buy an expensive watch, then you need to ensure it is maintained properly (annual cleanup), and if it goes wrong then you will have to pay even more money.
    I ended up buying an automatic watch cheaper and no longer use the tag.

just my story (aka 2 cents).
    Al

7. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    I won the Tag I wear in a closest-to-the-pin contest at the charity golf event.

If you're looking to get a high-end watch, I would suggest this method!!

8. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    Thanks for the advice, i will get my watch insured and keep it maintained yearly as per Tag's advice.

I am going to buy one, when i have the money that is.

9. Here's a comment: that's the longest model number ever! :D

10. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    Good automatic watches are wonderful pieces of work. TAG has a good reputation. Should be a reliable piece for you. As above - automatic watches need to serviced every three years or so to keep them working their best. Use only a TAG certified repair person. You will notice when it is time to service it - as it will either lose or gain time a bit more than usual (automatics are not as accurate as quartz watches). You might get yourself a watchwinder too - to keep it wound when you are not wearing it.

Being a dive watch it will be bigger than a dress watch. It may stick up away from your arm more than anyother watch you may have owned. Could get knocked around if you are sticking your hands in tight places - like working on a car. Take the watch off it that is the case. If you wear suit and tie type clothing - the watch may get hung up on the cuff of the shirt.

I own several automatic watches including dive watches from Oris, Krieger and Rolex. I wear these when dressing casually and when diving, golfing etc. When I wear suit and tie - I wear a thinner Cartier automatic - fits better under the cuff.

Enjoy the TAG - good looking watch - it should give you many years of enjoyment.

11. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Yes, I have noticed the size of the dive watches. But it shouldnt really bother me that much, I just like the shape of them and the feel of them on my arms. I may get a proper 'dress' type TAG such as a carrera but this will all be based on how much money I will have to spend, and which ones I prefer. But seen as I dive quite abit and do sports, and outdoor activities etc, I would have thought the Aquaracer would 'stand-up' to that kind of thing more.

Enjoy your watches and thanks for the advice 'Eggman'

12. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado

Given the description of your activities - the Aquaracer is a very good choice. I have had my eye on the Carrara as well - a very good looking watch. I like the steel with black face one - much like the Aquaracer you are looking at.

Cheers

13. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    He he, your looking at the same Carrera that I am starring at atm! It just looks so nice, but then so does all the watches.

The aquaracer model im looking at has changed to the chronograph version, it looks awsome in the shops and online. It should be an amazing watch hopefully.

14. clockworkwar

clockworkwar

Mar 20, 2006
    England
    He he ye, but its one hell of a cool model number :p