1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tagging Last Post in a thread

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by jnewmark, Jun 4, 2014.

1. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    On other message board forums I belong to, my last post in a thread is tagged by a little icon, like an arrow. When I go back to the thread, say later on that day, I can click on the icon, and it will take me to my last post in that thread. Can such a thing be done here on TB ? It's really convenient.Instead of scrolling through a bunch of pages to find my post,I just click on the arrow and it takes me right back to it.

2. jnewmark

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    bump

3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    There is a clumsy way to do what you want but not with a flag as you are asking about.

Here is a link to your postings: http://www.talkbass.com/members/jnewmark.78731/#postings

If you bookmark that, you can go to it and click on any of your posts that you want to see. The alerts will also inform you if someone has posted in a thread after you. If someone quotes your post, they will indicate that so you can see that someone has directly replied to your post.

4. jnewmark

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Thanks, Beans. I didn't realize you could do that.

5. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I think that a quick link flag on the main page to all ones posting like the one above would be quite handy.

6. jnewmark

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Yeah, the fan page that I go to has a little arrow after the title of every thread that I have posted in. All I have to do is click on the arrow, and it takes me to my last post in the thread. Easy.