1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tainted Love-Blue Oyster Cult

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by FenderBinder, Jul 25, 2007.

1. FenderBinder

FenderBinder

Mar 24, 2007
    Atlanta
    does anyone know a site I can find this tab or if you have it could I please get it from you?

2. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    I thought Soft Cell did tainted love. Did BOC also have a song with this name?

3. FenderBinder

FenderBinder

Mar 24, 2007
    Atlanta
    yea BOC has song called Tainted love unless my song title is wrong. I never herd of soft cell so who knows.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Your song title must be wrong. I'm pretty familiar with everything BOC's done, and I can't recall a song called "Tainted Love," nor could I find it on their website.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I think I know the name of the song you're thinking of now..."This Ain't The Summer Of Love" from Agents of Fortune. Even if it's not, it's a great song, though my favorite from that album is "ETI (Extra Terrestrial Intelligence)."

6. BillMason

BillMason Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2007
    Soft Cell is the only band I know of that did Tainted Love. It was a New Wave hit from around 1982.

BOC is a heavy/prog/acid rock band from the same era that sound nothing at all like Soft Cell! So I think you need to check the song title and maybe stop downloading off Limewire.

7. FenderBinder

FenderBinder

Mar 24, 2007
    Atlanta
    ummm.... I can download from anywhere. Excuse me for not being older and wiser like you guys and being young and taking an interest in real music and not some lame band that came out from the 90's or new age piece of $h!t msuic.

8. FenderBinder

FenderBinder

Mar 24, 2007
    Atlanta
    yea the song title is wrong

9. Splosh

Splosh

Jul 13, 2006
    The Bass for tainted love by Soft Cell is piss easy.. Something like

E 33
    A 11 13
    D 11
    G

Just repeats over and over...

it is somthing based around that.... Can't do it off top of my head...

Hope this helps..

10. BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    No offense meant man, so hopefully none taken. Download all you like, but it drives me crazy on Limewire when I download something like "Neil Young - Horse With No Name" thinking it's Neil doing an live America cover, and it turns out the arse who ripped it or stole it somewhere else just didn't know the difference between America and Neil Young.

Anyway, my point is - what song do you want, a BOC song or a Soft Cell song?

11. I'm not sure what he's looking for either but I do believe Marilyn Manson remade the Soft Cell version some years ago.

H

12. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Methinks there's a troll among us.

13. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Guys
    Tainted love by Soft cell is a cover. It was written in 1964 and first recorded by Gloria Jones. and has been covered quite a a few times including BOC.
    And there's more to it than posted above.

God, that sounded very anal didnt it? sorry.

14. BillMason

Mar 6, 2007
    No, not anal, I never knew that and found it interesting.

What happened to the OP? He never did answer the question of which band's version of the song he wanted.

15. best version of tainted love ever was by the living end, go learn it, i did, its so jazzy

16. I know theres at least 3 versions of Tainted love out there.
    I've heard Marilyn Mansons version, a version sung by a male singer, another by a female singer...

17. This thread cracked me up... I honestly get a massive kick out of mislabled song names...

I spent some time in the napster days trying to find the song with the most mis-labeled artist names... The most butchered song I think I ever found was "(I just) Died in your arms tonight" by Cutting Crew... I think there was something like 15 or 20 different artists listed under that song. The best part was that "Cutting Crew" was only like the 4th or 5th most common match for it, as well...