1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Takamaine TB-10 Electro Acoustic Bass Guitar - Perfect!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swpyne, Dec 31, 2016.

1. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Virtually brand new, in perfect condition with original hard shell case. Can be played like a bass guitar or an upright. This one was purchased new in 2016 in Germany and shipped to the US. It has the newer "Cool-Tube" preamp and can sound amazingly like an upright. Very comfortable for everyday electric bassists to play because of it's 34" scale. An easy transition that allows for your muscle memory to guide your intonation. Perfect for latin or jazz stylings. Don't miss your chance on this amazing instrument.

As a crossover hybrid, the TB10 has been crafted by Takamine to accompany a wide range of playing styles from jazz to classic and contemporary. The stunning red stain finish will complement the guitar's wood as it ages, as well as looking timelessly smart. The Cool Tube preamp system benefits from an on board tuner and a 3-band EQ to extensively adjust the sound to your preference.

Specifications

Body & Bridge

Tops: Arched Spruce
    Back: Arched Maple
    Sides: Maple
    Finish: Red Stain
    Scale Length: 34 Inches

Neck & Fingerboard:

Neck: Maple
    Fingerboard: Ebony
    Nut Width: 1.825 Inches

Electronics & Hardware

Pickup: Takamine Palathetic Under-Saddle Pickup
    Preamp: CTP-2 Cool Tube Preamp with 3-Band EQ, Auxiliary Input and Chromatic Tuner

Machine Heads: Brass

$1,950.00 Shipped in the CONUS

I would prefer to sell this outright but I will listen to trade offers. Trade bait would need to be 4 or 5 string basses of equal value or with some cash coming my way. Any 5 string offers would need to be 34" scale fretted or fretless and not weigh more than 9.5 pounds. Open a private conversation with me if you have something to offer. I would probably jump at the "right" Sadowsky, Zon, Stambaugh, STR, Miura, Dragonfly, Wilkins, Nordy, Lull or Pedulla! Hit me up.....

01. 02. 03. 04. takamine_tb10_electroacoustic.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. jeffbass

jeffbass Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    Sheesh... that is gorgeous. GLWTS.

3. Chico Ruger

Chico Ruger Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Florida
    I don't deserve a bass that nice.

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Awesome!

5. Siggy

Siggy Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Columbus Ohio
    Are there any side markers?

Thanks

6. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    No, there are no side makers but of course they can be added if you need them. I have found that after playing a 34" unlined fretless for several years, I really don't need markers. My left hand just seems to know where to go and of course I'm always listening as well.

Here is an example of what can be done.

Takamine-TB10L-Fretlines.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  7. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Someone asked me if there was a truss rod and I initially had said no. I was mistaken, on closer examination there is a truss rod that is accessible under a small cover on the headstock. Very similar to many electric basses.

JCBass likes this.
  8. RCEdwards

RCEdwards Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2015
    I have an Ibanez Affirma 5-string in excellent shape. Any interest in trading?

9. swpyne

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Replied via Private Conversation.

10. garytone

garytone

Nov 26, 2011
    Indiana
    Really great looking instrument. I wish I could justify buying it.

GLWS