Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Takamine EG512C info

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Guiseppe, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    I picked one up last night, I like the playability and the tone, the volume isn't SUPER loud but is good enough to serve the purpose I bought it for: practice. Plugged into my Ampeg SVPCL, it sounds pretty much like I expected it to - very BRIGHT, but like I said, I'd assumed that an ABG would be...

Q: When the onboard tuner is on, the line signal to my amp is still on. I would expect it to be off. Is this correct, or do I have a bad preamp/tuner? I use a Korg DTR-2000, but if the tuner is supposed to cut the signal, then there may be other problems, too...

Q: Did you all get cases with your axes as part of the cost? I got a case with it, but for extra $ (not really, I just got it as a "how low can you go" deal and the GC guy said he'd toss it in for free. Did I get scammed? I haven't seen any deals online where the case is included).

So far, the ABG is not bad, and meets my needs ok. I just think that if a case is supposed to have been part of the deal, then I'm gonna go back and tell them I need either a partial refund or in-store credit. If the tuner function is actually screwed up, I'm DEFINITELY gonna ask for cash back.

2. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Nope, your deal is perfect as is your preamp in that bass. Mine works exactly the same way as did my deal with GC. They're cool basses, I've actually seen a guy using it live and it sounded pretty nice.

3. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    Tonight I busted out some old acoustic stuff, and I really, really dug on the acoustic tone. Some acoustic Zep, some Spirit, a couple Eagles, some America...just a nice mellow groove. I plugged my Takamine into my Ampeg/Schroeder rig and it sounds wonderful - a really warm, woody feel. I think if I flatten the highs and boost the mid a bit, this could sound pretty cool doing some delta blues...