1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Takamine GE-400GT, "The Death Bass"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Boom762, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    Price:
    Strings:
    A lot of history in this bass; Both in the Takamine lawsuit history of the 80's as well as personal. This was the first electric bass I ever owned. The first electric instrument I ever owned period. I bought it from a Wild Bill's Pawn Shop in Abilene in the late 90's after dreaming of the bass all night. The Wild Bill's was the first place I went to after I woke up and though I didn't have the money to buy the bass, I ended up getting it. It's a stage bass and show stealer. Ultra rare to find for sale. The guitar version, the 400KT has been passed around a bit more as of late, but the basses just don't get put up for sale often. I'll attach a video of the tone test. The test was done with really low quality gear I had at the time of recording. The bass has a really clear and crisp tone in person thanks to the double Precision pups. Comes with a coffin case that I modified to allow the bass to fit.

S1050073.JPG

I don't really want to sell this bass, but I have to. I need the money to go back home and finish my last year of school. I keep telling myself I can buy another one once I get my career started. If you find the price unreasonable, shoot me an offer. I have two weeks to get this sold or I'm stuck in Lubbock until December. Buying this bass is not just you getting a great workhorse of an instrument; You are also really helping me get my life back on track.

Thanks for looking. I will ship this bass in glass baby level protection.

I can only afford to send this to the lower 48 of the U.S. I'm inexperienced in selling to Canada and Mexico so, if you know of a way to sell it there without it breaking the bank, let me know. Otherwise, the price is 1050 USD and I pay for shipping. I will likely use USPS to send it. If you have a different preference, we'll have to look into how much the price changes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  2. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Central Coast, CA
    wow I Was just searching this bass 2 days ago. Absolutely unique and cool bass. I thought I posted a pic in a thread a while back but can’t seem to find it now.

Boom762 likes this.
  3. Boom762

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    I just realized while at work that I never posted the tone test video. Here it is. Mostly finger style, some picking, and the most pathetic of attempts at slap.

CentralCoastBass likes this.
  4. Boom762

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    OBO - I'll take offers on this. If I don't sell within two weeks, the bass goes off the market and I am stuck in Lubbock another 5 months.