1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Takamine GTM6 guitar-to-synth converter cheap! Funk Logic replacement? its possible

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by superbassman2000, May 7, 2006.

1. Hello all, i have a takamine GTM6 guitar-to-midi converter, i don't really know anything about except that i've never used it...
    Shadow made it, and then put several different brand names on them, as several different companies made guitars specifically for this guy...i know of three brands right now, and thats takamine, ovation and charvel

here is a pic of it...not mine, but its looks identical
    Takamine_GTM-6_Guitar_Effect_Main-Unit_web.

I am only asking for 30 dollars shipped

btw, it does also make a good dummy rack filler, and it's cheaper than funklogic :)

2. holiday bump

3. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    lol, might be interested, even if just for kicks.

PM me if you will ship it.

4. PM sent ;)

5. bump still available

6. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Is that 2 spaces?

7. yep :)

8. bump

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Now, is this just a midi converter, or does it have any kind of sound output?

10. well, the GTM6 is kinda tricky.
    If you actually want to use this unit as a guitar-to-midi converter (which i don't recommend) you first need the shadow pickup, i believe the SH-1500 (not the 1550 on the website...its special order) they had it on the website a while ago at a price of around 200 dollars (make them on a per-order basis) and you might have to get the special multiplexer as well, or it might be included i can't remember. and then you get a special cable for it, and then you plug it into the GTM6...that converts it to midi, and then you plug the GTM6 into a sound module, and viola...you've got midi ;) there were several companies that were part of the GTM6 project, takamine made an acoustic guitar with the special pickup already built in, and i know charvel did one too...there were some other companies that participated as well, but i can't think of them.
    the GTM6 is also a midi sequencer of sorts IIRC and i know it has one sequence built-in, and thats "in the hall of the mountain king" :)

anyways, that is way to complex for me, so i am just trying to sell this as a funk logic type rack filler ;)

11. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Yeah, it would probably be too much complication for me as well.

12. yeah, i found out that the GTM6 was the cheap part of the setup! but i am thinking that it's best job for now is the ability to display two numbers, and those numbers are user-selectable! lol

what i am thinking the best thing for it is somekind of funk logic type unit, or someone can buy it and put stickers all over it or use it in a music video of a rack unit exploding (i won't supply the dynamite) or something like that...or someone can use it as a rack unit for someone who wants to make a DIY bass amp or something, they can gut this one, and mount all the new parts in it :)