Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Take a look at my new Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grunge, Jun 24, 2002.

1. It rules

18 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. It sucks

6 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Seems to be a nice bass

24 vote(s)
    45.3%
  4. Never liked BTB series

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  1. Grunge

Grunge

Jun 3, 2002
    Brazil
  2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I'm down with the BTBs...

3. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    If it's anything like the BTB405, it's a fine bass.

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    nice bass, no doubt

5. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    do they make a Fretless BTB?

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    they did at one time.... I saw a review for it in BP magazine.... but the Ibanez site doesn't show any BTB's that are fretless...

you might have to find an older one....

P@

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    ill try to defret my BTB this summer... im searching for a local guy to do it... or myself (but im scared of hurting it :( )

i got my BTB back from the repair shop (some pickup problem) and it sounded GRREAT... i have played it all day and the sound still amazes me...

i see some Bartolinis in the future for this baby... fretless BTB! *Drools* and the new 5 string i might get in 4 more weeks! :)

8. Killer looking bass dude!

I have yet to try out an Ibanez BTB but I hear they are pretty much at the top of the Ibanez foodchain.
    :D Them and the ATK I guess. ;)

9. BTBs kick ass and take names, and when they're all out of room for names they take initials.

:D

10. a BTB405 is no doubt my next bass.. that is, unless I happen to get a Stingray somehow.

11. having owned a BTB and owning an ATK.. i can say that the ATK whoops the BTB's butt anytime.

alltho you cannot really compare them..

the BTB has really different sound than the ATK..

12. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    I like the BTB's a lot. They play well and have a really nice feel to them. I think its the best Ibanez has to offer for the price right now.

13. make it black and throw a B and a C on it, and ya got my bass, the BTB 406. beautiful bass in all aspects IMO. and cant beat the price. i picked mine up for $850(canadian) and its NEW!

14. Hi FeTiS,

does the 850$ include all taxes?

Thanks

15. There's a fretless BTB for sale on ebay, going for a nice price too. Check it out. Its a 5string natural finish - REAL SWEET LOOKING!

I would be very interested in it except that I am really low on the cash-o-la.

Later -

ps- Very nice looking bass above!

16. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
  17. mindlander

mindlander

Jun 19, 2002
    Greece
    hey I have an Ibanez too(BTB515) since january and it kickzzz (_|_) !enjoy your playing my friend!:D

18. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    BTB is good stuff.

19. Grunge

Grunge

Jun 3, 2002
    Brazil
    thanx guys!!!!!!!!1:D

20. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    The fretless BTB's are all BTB1005F's, which are only in natural. I'm fairly sure they still make them.