1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Take It Off or Leave It On?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Louden Lowe, Apr 6, 2009.

1. I recently bought an aftermarket, officially licensed by Fender neck. Since it went onto a Fender body, I put a Fender waterslide decal on. If I sell it, will stating SEVERAL TIMES in LARGE BOLD TYPE in the ad that the neck is not a Fender neck, but a licensed by Fender neck made by another company be enough as to not mislead any potential buyer that it is not in fact a Fender neck, or should I strip the lacquer off, scrape the decal off and THEN sell it? I'm afraid I might harm the headstock by removing said decal.

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I think that if you state it in bold, you are covered. Don't sweat it. If the buyer wants to take it off, let them worry about it. Good luck!

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    [/thread]

He covered it.

4. Don't worry about overstating it like that. Once is enough. If a buyer doesn't take the time to read your description carefully, it's their own fault.

5. bassman03

bassman03

May 19, 2008
    Sully, Iowa
    +1

6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

A CYA: Print the ad (include the url) and save it in your records just in case a lawsuit-happy son-of-a-trial-lawyer-type person buys it.

That'll help too.