Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

take it to the bridge...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by hursty, Aug 20, 2005.

1. hursty

hursty

Aug 20, 2005
    :crying: Help!. Hi fellow Bassist's, new guy here, need some help though, or my "pretending to be a super cool bass hero smashing ornaments all over the house with the neck" days are over!. I did a stupid thing, i played with the bridge of my old Washburn B10, i know, i know, well, i was drunk at the time :bag: . Wanted to ask if there is a "general" rule as to the position of the saddles on the bridge, as because i messed mine up, the bass dont sound right since. All the active bass sights do not go into detail about the connection between the saddles and strings. Any advice as to how i can get back to knocking them ornaments off again would be appreciated. tx HURSTY.

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Welcome to TB! This really belongs in "Setup", so I moved it for you.

First off, do you own an electronic tuner? You've messed up your intonation, and you can get back in the right general area with a simple tuner. If not, you'll need to take it to a store and have a setup, which might be the easiest thing to do if you need new strings anyway.