1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Take Your Pick: Roscoe SKB3005 Signature or Warrior Signature 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lsu921, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    I’ve got two amazing basses, and I only have room for one. I’m completely happy keeping either, so I’ll let TB decide which one goes and which one stays. I’ve A/B’d these a lot this weekend, used them in rehearsal, and played them live. Both are smoking, and you really can’t go wrong with either. In a perfect world I’d keep both, but my other and more expensive hobby needs some funds.

The Warrior was completed on 9/21/2010. I spec’d it out, and JD hit this one out of the park. Build quality, playability, and tone are fantastic. This bass really plays amazing, and it’s really easy on the back and wrists too @ 8 pounds and with a 34” scale.

Warrior Specs are:

• Swamp Ash Body
    • Flamed Walnut Top
    • 7 Piece Neck – Maple, Zebrawood, Wenge, Purpleheart, Wenge, Zebrawood, and Maple
    • Birdseye Maple Fretboard
    • Matching Walnut Headstock
    • Bartolini Pickups - X55CBJD in-line hum cancelling dual coils
    • Bartolini Preamp with 3-way Midrange Switch
    • 8 Pounds
    • 34” Scale
    • Bass is in NEW condition. It's barely a month old, and has been to church 5 or 6 times. Still smells new!

Pictures:

DSCN4092.
    DSCN4095.
    DSCN4096.
    DSCN4099.
    DSCN4102.
    DSCN4101.
    DSCN4097.

Watch it come to life:

Walnut.
    fa2604a6.
    b629c106.

Next up is one of the nicest Roscoe basses out there. I remember seeing this one at The Perfect Bass when it was new, and I drooled on it a little. Just an amazing looking bass. I bought it a year or so later used, then sold it. I bought it back recently thinking I’d sell the Warrior to fund it, but the competition between the two was too close to call.

Roscoe Specs are:

• Swamp Ash Body
    • Exhibition Spalted Maple Top with Wenge Shim
    • Wenge Wedge Neck
    • Wenge Fretboard
    • Diamondwood Nut
    • Abalone Inlay
    • Nordstrand DC 5 Pickups
    • Demeter Preamp
    • 8 Pounds
    • 19MM Spacing! – For those that always say, if it only had 19mm spacing.
    • Condition is EXCELLENT. No dents or dings.

And, and abundance of pictures!

DSCN1954.
    DSCN1955.
    DSCN1956.
    DSCN1957.
    DSCN1958.
    DSCN1959.
    DSCN1960.
    DSCN1961.
    DSCN1962.
    roscoeskb.
    IMG_3731.
    1001081ros_skb3005_5422_full.

Now the business part. I’m asking $2750 for either bass, which includes UPS or FedEx Ground shipping in the Continental US. PayPal is fine. I am willing to ship outside the US, but all additional costs are on you. The Roscoe ships in a Roscoe HSC. The Warrior will ship in an iGig 525 gig bag, or for $150 less I will ship it in an old Warrior case that’s missing a handle and a latch. I need to sell, so trades with the exception of one thing are out. The only trade I’d consider is an MTD 535-24 (Ash/Walnut Top/Ash Neck/BEM Fretboard). Thanks for those who made it through this entire post!!

Please PM me with any questions, and I'll get back to you quickly. Thanks again for looking. :)

2. No trades I'm guessing?
    Edit* my bad totally missed that trade sentence there at the end of the post. Good luck with your sale that Roscoe is gorgeous

3. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    PMs responded to. Act now on the Warrior, and I'll throw in two bags of Warrior coffee! :D

c5b74efc.

4. Wow. Two gorgeous basses. I have to say that the Warrior is stunning. Coming from me...well, that's the first time I've said that about the brand. :D Those woods...and those electronics...I can only imagine how good it sounds. And that top. Oh my. Good luck with the transaction.

5. Jeff Roller

Jeff Roller Jeff Roller Gold Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Maryville, TN
    Wow, I'd jump on that Roscoe if it only had 18mm spacing!

Just kidding!;)

Just to confirm, but isn't the Roscoe 35" scale?

Width at nut?

Also, I'm pretty sure that wedge neck is special too.

That Warrior is stunning as well, I know that must be a difficult choice. Good luck with the sale!

6. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    Thanks Jerry. The inspiration for this one came from all of those ash/walnut MTD's you guys flaunt around here. :)

7. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    It is 35". I'm not sure about the nut width, but I think it is a tad wider than normal.

8. klonjon

klonjon

Nov 16, 2010
    Astana
    Roscoe just adorable ....

9. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    The SKB has 19mm spacing so the nut width is going to be wider than normal. The SKB is absolutely stunning in person and in the mix it sits perfect!

10. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    The Roscoe wins the beauty contest every time. I do find the Warrior a little more comfortable, and I like the tone of the Barts more. That's all IMO. YMMV, etc.

11. seungkoo

seungkoo Banned

Nov 20, 2003
    MD
    sooo they make coffee too?

12. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    But of course. :D

13. seungkoo

seungkoo Banned

Nov 20, 2003
    MD
    I wish there was a shop around here where I can demo a warrior. They are beautiful instruments and I do love coffee

14. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    The Roscoe is sold pending payment.

The Warrior is still available at the moment. I found a Zon I would like to pickup, which would free up some cash plus I love a good Zon. I'm opening up the Warrior to a few partial trades.

Zon Sonus 5/519 - J pickups only
    EBMM Classic 4 - Powder Blue, Tort, Maple Only
    MTD 535 - Ash or Alder. I'll add cash.
    Fender Roadworn Sunburst
    Modulus FU/Flea 4 Sparkle Finish
    Jerzy Drozd 5 or 6

15. CrashClint

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    Congrats on the Roscoe sale, someone is getting an awesome bass. A Zon?, you know deep down inside you are a Roscoe man.

16. CrashClint

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    Hmm, how long before we find out who the new owner of the SKB has become? :D

17. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    Back from the LSU-Ole Miss game bump.

18. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    Roscoe is sold!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.