Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Takemine Acoustic Bass (Noisey Jack)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by TribalisticBass, May 12, 2005.

1. I have a Takemine G-series Jumbo Body Acoustic. Everytime I play a show with it I get a pop/crackle/feedback probem when I move around. The last time I played a show, I took it to the local music store, and they charged me to fix it, but I guess they didn't do anything to it. Becuse as soon as I plugged it in snap/crackle/pop (Rice Crispys). I don't know if it's the jack or the pre-amp, but I'm tired of paying for some one to stare at it, and say here you go that'll be $29.50. Got any suggestion I can do at home. the jack is in the strap peg. Thanks for all replies :help:

2. No suggestions :help: Please guys anything wil do :help: Little help please :help:

3. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    I just sold a Takamine acoustic guitar and had to replace the input jack before selling it. I had only plugged the thing in about 3 times, and the last time I checked it out, there was no doubt that the input jack was shot. :crying:

Apparently Takamine uses really cheap (read as crummy) parts on their input jacks. :eyebrow: This fact came out of one of the forums that I read (don't remember which). Call your local shop (or whoever might sell tak.) and ask them to replace it (if it's still under warranty) or buy the $14 part from them and do it yourself. It's either a switched or stereo jack (2 "hot" leads and a ground). PM me if you want more info. It cost me $14 and about 1/2 hour of time.

:hyper: - ok now i think i've used enough smilies... :p

4. +1!

I have a Taylor acoustic guitar and the jack wen out the 3rd or 4th time I plugged it in. Taylor serviced it for free and replaced the jack as well. It was the original ES system and apparently there were coil issues or something. I would just upgrade the jack and be done with it. Then maybe you can resume ABG happiness!

5. Thanks guys I'll probably fix it myself, as the shop I have been taking it to, was the dealership in my area that sells Taks. :bassist: