1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Takeout's Recording Gear War Chest Sale: Trace all-tube, Bag End...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by takeout, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. takeout

takeout Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    ***Lowered the prices***

Gotta scrape cash together. No trades please, Paypal only please, CONUS only please.

Trace Elliot V-Type all-tube head:

My history with it starts in this thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287961. I've since had it completely re-tubed - it had the original Trace-branded tubes in it. No longer made - as far as I know, they never got around to re-issuing these (I might be off the mark on that). Minor carpet blems, as with anything carpet-covered, but fairly clean and 100% functional. Manual, schematic, power cord included. I'm guessing on current value, since they're so rare that I can't look up other sale prices: $900 shipped.

Two Bag End S15B-D's:

One black, one red. Great tone, and LOUD. These are the big boys - Bag End's spec says these go to 35hZ with the port plugs out - I don't know if it's true, but I can say that I've yet to run out of low-end extention.

The black one has pop-out casters (mounted on the back), and the older-style BE speaker with the silver dust cap. The red one has a minor carpet issue near one of the corners, but is otherwise in great shape. GONE.

Not a ton of feedback on here, but all positive. My Ebay ID is cwagner20, with 100% positive feedback over more than 50 transactions.

PM/Emails promptly answered.

Thanks,

Chris

Attached Files:

2. takeout

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    Bump for lowered price on the Trace.

3. mvw356

mvw356

Mar 2, 2006
    Brussels
    is it a V4?

4. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    Although I'm not very good on vintage Trace, I think this is the pre-V4. All tube, and basically, or largely, the same as a V4, just was manufactured before Trace came out with the V4 name, but I could be VERY wrong.

5. takeout

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    You are correct. Four 6550 tubes, just like the V4 but badged differently. Estimated output is somewhere around 225W, but this seems conservative based on my experience.

6. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Oh my. In my own city, even.

I don't suppose you have any recording gear you're interested in trading for?

7. mlwarriner

mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    If it makes any difference to any of you, I'll gladly vouch for takeout. We've done several transactions IRL, and he's a 100% stand-up cat.

8. takeout

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    Bump for lowered price on the Bags. Ebay is probably my next stop if at least the Trace isn't gone by this weekend.

9. LarryR

LarryR

Feb 2, 2003
    Los Angeles
    PM sent on the Trace

10. takeout

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    PMs replied.

11. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    How is this Trace still here? Those are super rare and from the reviews I've read, absolutely killer.

12. takeout

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    Additional pics of the Trace have been requested, so I'll hold off on Ebay for now - but I need email addresses from everyone who wants them. I can't attach more than two. PM me.

13. takeout

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    Pot sweetener: these have a weird output jack situation - one 1/4" and one XLR. Makes it weird to try and run two 8 ohm cabs... unless you have a single-male-1/4"-to-dual-female-1/4" parallel adapter... which I do. Which I'll be throwing in for the buyer.

14. takeout

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    Very last bump before Ebay.

15. 7thbass

7thbass

Nov 21, 2003
    Houston, Tx
    Really amazing cabs. Very efficient, very loud, very full. If I were not smallinating the rig I would be all over it.

Amazing cabs. And the Trace ain't too bad either.

16. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    PM sent.

17. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    PMed

18. iplaybasstexas

iplaybasstexas

Apr 5, 2008
    DFW
    how many watts is the trace?

19. takeout

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    Rated at 225W, but any Trace owner will tell you that this is an extremely conservative rating.

20. takeout

Dec 27, 2002
    Kansas City area
    "Raising the Dead" Bump. Bags are long-gone, Trace is still here. Trades I'd consider:

- Apogee Ensemble plus cash from me.
    - GK800RB plus cash from you.
    - Apogee Duet plus cash from you.

Throw offers at me, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.