1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Taking care of the bass

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by matius88, Mar 24, 2013.

1. matius88

matius88

Jun 25, 2012
    Argentina
    Well i recently buy a ash corvette 99 and i want to know how to clean it and witj what products.The bass have Darker parts and i want to clean it, also there are several scratches in the area of the mic because the slapping.
    Also with the bass i got a Warwick cream for the wood, its ok to use it after i play or us for using once a week?
    For the strings i got thefast fretboard

Its there other product for cleaning? I heard that there is a oil for the fretboard
    Thanks for all

2. JP Morin

JP Morin

Mar 15, 2011
    Quebec
    First I'd take a look at the warwick owner manual :
    http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/infos/info.php?rndtop&katID=14544&cl=EN

Second, it depend on the finish on your bass, if it's natural oil or satin or gloss ?? I think your would be satin from the answer you've got from warwick, as you stated in your other thread. I would use normal guitar finish polish to clean the satin finish parts but don't use this on wodden parts and I would not use the warwick wax on satin part as well. With satin finish which is a kind of paint, if the finsh is rubbed away it would be hard to restore to the original and may be a full body refinish woul have to be done... I did the last by myself on my streamer LX with great results, but hard work patience...

I would ask the question here too, if you haven't the wanted answers :
    http://forum.warwick.de/forum.php

Congrats for your new killer bass and best of luck with the care of your bass...

3. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Hey Matius88,

There are a number of things you can do for your Warwick bass to keep it looking and playing nice. First of all, remember to wipe down your strings and the body of your instrument after playing -- This will keep residue from building up on your finish and in your fretboard, which can become irksome to clean later down the line. If you remember to do this regularly, you should be able to keep your bass looking nice with minimal use of cleaners/polishes (you can always use just the cloth to wipe away dull spots or finger prints.)

If you need to, you can use a gentle cleaner such as Dunlop formula 65, a clean polish cloth, and some elbow grease if you notice any build-up. The wax finisher is ONLY for satin finish (not high polish finish) instruments and should be used very sparingly (possible only once or twice a year, if even) and we DON'T recommend using it on your instrument on a daily or weekly basis.

If your bass has a fingerboard made of wood other than maple, it can be beneficial to oil your fretboard once every 3-4 months. We like boiled linseed oil, and using only about one drop on a clean rag, go over each fret with a thin layer of oil while the strings are removed.

That's basically what you need to know for short-term care of your instrument. If you make a habit out of those things, your bass should be in great shape for many years to come!

Thanks for your question! :)

Best regards,
    Jesse at Warwick USA