1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Taking Electric to an Upright Situation

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Seanto, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Seanto

Seanto

Dec 29, 2005
    USA
    Anyone ever made a decision to take the electric bass to an upright bass gig/rehearsal and regret it?

Had a long day at the day job today and made a sudden decision to bring my electric bass to my big band rehearsal, this is a rehearsal band. Thought it might lighten my load and maybe even be easier, as i've played electric bass many years, but not much in awhile due to focusing on upright.

Well i ended up struggling hard and regretting the whole thing. Found hard to keep time and was just stiff overall. We had a pretty good sub drummer too and i wasn't matching his groove. Somehow playing a fretted bass has become very difficult for me, and from now on i will just stick with the upright as i am much more fluid.