Taking my new Marshall MB4210 to band practice...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Essthreetee, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    ...tonight for the first time. I am really looking forward to hearing it with everyone else.

I have been waiting to take it until I got the 15" driver for the empty cab that I had...thanks to Bill Fitzmaurice, I have the 2-10 that came with the combo AND a 1-15 extension cab.

messing around with the sounds so far, I really like it. You can get a clean crisp sound or you can get a overdriven sound. it seems plenty loud, and still not distorted (my whole house is shaking)...but we will see tonight at practice. :hyper::bassist::smug::D

Anyway, just thought I would share.

2. Waspinators

Waspinators

Jul 22, 2007
    South Florida
    Awesome, be sure to give the details when you get back, I've been seriously considering that amp.

3. jjl5590

jjl5590 Inactive

Mar 28, 2008
    London, UK
    cool got any pics of the amp? id love to see em

4. Ive finally found a kick ass eq for my MB rig. sounds sweet, and very loud

5. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    SO I just got back from practice...and the sound was GREAT!!!!!!

Messed with the EQ for a bit...then got it dialed in to a sound that I LOVE (with the "Modern" channel). Then played some old school and dialed in the "Classic". Was nice to be able to switch back and forth with the included foot switch.

The 15...friggin rocked!!!! It was shaking the room...not overpowering, but you could definitely feel it. Gave it all a great total tone package...

The only problem that I could see...was that NOW I could hear all of the mistakes I was making...:eyebrow:

Anyway, I feel that I got a great amp at a good price ($629 delivered to my door)...I personally couldn't be happier.

I will post up some pics as soon as I get them uploaded...

:bassist:

6. Waspinators

Waspinators

Jul 22, 2007
    South Florida
    Great to hear that, can't wait to see the pics. One question I have, is do you think you could play medium-sized gigs (200-300) with the combo, even without the 15?

7. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    I don't know...I didn't try it at volume without the 15...and besides, I REALLY liked what the 15 gave it though...

8. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    Here are a couple of pics...

First is the combo...second is the pair...

9. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    and here is the combo without the mesh on the 15...then one with my goofy drummer, just for size comparison...

10. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Supporting Member

OK - My MAIN rig is an AMPEG SVT tube preamp thru an 1100watt CREST power amp, and an SWR Henry 8x8 cab. It's big, mean, and crisp.

My bass is the one and only PEAVEY CIRRUS . Ahhhh, makes me smile just thinkin' 'bout it.

I play clubs with big, average and SMALL stages. I NEED a smaller rig for those venues.

I spent a month researching, and three FULL days driving from Sonoma County to the East Bay, and to San Francisco with MY Cirrus in the trunk. I stopped at every music store and played my bass through the top contendors. Yes, I tries the Markbass, etc. I NEED an amp that's compact, portable, versatile, LOUD, reliable, and HAD to be at least 300w. Oh, headphone out, and DI out, as well, and was reasonably priced.

The MARSHALL MB4210 met EVERY criteria there was. I was not going to compromise on this. I have not had the amp long enough to make a full review, but so far it's amazing. It gets SWR, Ampeg tone and any tone in between. It's 300w RMS, and I can add ANOTHER 4 ohm cab (like an 810, etc) and it jumps to 450w RMS !! And it weighs only about 50 lbs ! The BEST part was the price - ONLY $650 out the door at Bananas At Large in San Rafael, CA (plug !) on 2008 clearance !!!!!! This usually sells for $750 out the door, or $1,000 MSRP.

It's an amazing amp, from a company NOT known for bass amps. I hope this review was helpful to someone.

- Mike B

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021