1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Taking my old Peavey Rig to my New Years Gig tonight, what are you using???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Eric Swaim, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Eric Swaim

Eric Swaim GOD, U.S. MIlitary, Country Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Taking my very old Peavey Mark IV bass head and my Peavey 1820 bass cab. Its over kill regarding size but I want to blow the dust off the speakers and its a classic rock gig.
    I will also be using my 2016 Fender Elite Jazz Bass.
    Normally I would be using a my SWR Bass 350 and 2 Eden D112XLT cabs.

20171113_204254.

Mark Andrew, McG, Scottkarch and 7 others like this.
  2. DJ's everywhere are taking their rigs out to all my New Years eve gigs.:roflmao: Actually I can't remember the last time I played a new years eve gig, i would say at least 20 years, probably more. I haven't seen one of those heads for at least 20 years also.

3. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    My peer bass player friend is subbing for me tonight as I'm home happily with wife-- we just returned from a medical trip with good news. If I were playing tonight I'd be using my GK MB500 with 2 x EX110's, and it's a potent mini-stack. We don't play big rooms but we play loud and during the summer we play outside. I've only used FOH a couple times just to mix in with the sound, and for more projection out front.

IMG_3231.JPG

McG and armybass like this.
  4. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    If owning amps were like lost loves of my life, your setup would be "the one that got away." I owned that combination in the 80's, I believe it was that head, whatever was released the same time as the 1810. Man, I loved that setup. Although it weighs a ton, I wish I had kept it. It got stupd loud and made my feet numb with vibrations from the bass notes. Peavey silver fin stuff is the "real stuff" and I wish Hartley still built it today as an American Made "Premium Line" much like Ampeg and Fender. He just doesn't realize the opportunity, or is too tired to care anymore.

McG and tlc1976 like this.
  5. I used my Ampeg 810e cab and svt 4 pro amp tonite. For my New year's gig. I also used my Washburn xb200 and Thunderbird basses

McG likes this.
  6. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Rarely play New Years bar/restaurant celebrations. However many have been house concerts with my AA friends. Great music and ridiculously delicious espresso. Rig: SWR LA-8 with Celestion 8” and Summit TD-100 as pre. Phat, and perfect for sitting in with pro singer songwriters. One hand load in. Summit is in a padded tambourine bag. :)

Side note. The drunks can still crash into you. :)

murphy, McG and alaskaleftybass like this.
  7. Jazz Bass through a MarkBass 121. Worked great, like always.

McG likes this.
  8. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    BDD5892C-137B-463F-9271-CCA43C77B426.

murphy and McG like this.
  9. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    31dec17-1.

10. wizard65

wizard65

Sep 1, 2014
    Great setup, I recently got the cooking variety (3 band Stingray) in the same colour combo. Love it!

armybass likes this.
  11. Ampeg SVT classic into an Avatar 2126. Well, at least until about half way through the first set. At that point, the SVT goes down. Middle of the song. Good thing I brought the Markbass LMII.
    To be honest, when I switched over to the Markbass I was surprised at how similar it sounded to the SVT - similar power and punch. Makes me wonder why I’m bothering with the 80 pound behemoth...

12. Scottkarch

Scottkarch

Sep 11, 2012
    Chicago
    I have the even older MKIII Bass head sitting a few feet away from me on an old 115BW and a 210TX cab. BUT, to answer your question... DI into our board and into quad driver IEMs. I know it's not the same as having a rig. But at 2AM my teardown was 3 min. MXR preamp/DI fit right into my steinberger gig bag. So tiny you just can't believe it.

McG likes this.
  13. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    I brought my usual. GK MB500, Avatar B210 neo on top of an Avatar SB112 neo.

nye rig.