Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Taking off 2 of the 4 casters...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Muttluk, Jan 4, 2001.

1. Would it be safe for me to take off the two back removeable casters off of my Eden D-410xlt cab, so that it slightly angles upwards? would i break the two front casters?

p.s. the cab is 98 lbs

2. 25 people look, and no one knows? were there 25 lurkers that looked at this thread?

3. I don't think it will affect the front two casters all that much. I'm not shure, but are those casters removable on Eden cabnets? If they are give it a try.

4. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I am wondering what your are trying to achieve? Maybe there is a better way to accomplish the goal without doubling the stress on 2 of your casters.

5. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    The answer is YES. I used to do it all the time with SWR Redheads.

6. Well, when i practice in my room, i have the amp infront of me (yep standing infront of an 800w amp...)and it shoots right at my feet. I wanted to angle it upwards slightly, so that it would go more into my face so to say. I know i could take off all 4 casters, and then have it rest on somthing in the front, but then it'd "add" bass or "boomyness" cause i'm already in a kinda small room, thats why i have it on all for casters right now, so that it wont sit flat on the ground.

7. JimM

JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    How could it hurt the front casters?there will be even more weight on the back corners with the cab slightly tilted back(and less on the front casters)

But then the weight on the casters wont be in line with their shafts,if they have'em,but slightly angled.try it and see if they start to get loose,if so do what I do-put a brick under the front or a 2x4.

[Edited by JimM on 01-07-2001 at 02:49 PM]