Taking the "feet" off my big muff... Need help!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by hvingsand, Jul 27, 2005.

1. I was recently going to put my big muff on my pedal board... So I was going to take its "feet" off the box. Three of them went off with no problems, but the fourth couldn't be unscrewed.

So I opened the box, and then realized why... there was a blue wire attached to it. I suppose this is some kind of grounding, or similar.

I guess I shouldn't mess with this. But I'd really like to take all four knobs off, so I can put welcro on it. Any suggestions? Can this wire be removed?

Attached Files:

2. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
  3. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    It's the ground. Remove it, and take it elsewhere, for example on a pot.
  4. Actually, I don't know what a pot is :confused:
    Sorry, but could you explain? It's in the box, right?
  5. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    A pot is a potentiometer, it's the things you turn on your pedal. You have 3 of them here on the Muff. The pot is not the knob that is on, but the electronic part. It's a variable resistor.

You could also screw this ground to one of the screw that settles the box.

Anyway, put it anywhere where it is in contact with the metal box.
  6. Okay... Thanks a lot! :)
  7. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    This is a common grounding method on the Russian re-issues.

What I did is to remove the nut and ground wire, remove the foot from thew screw, then remount the screw, ground wire and washer.
  8. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    I concur... this is exactly what I did as well, then I ran a battery elimator cable (running out the side) to the battery terminal as well.