1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Taking the Jazz Bass plunge!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smcfarland1337, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Hi all,
    As you may or may not know, I'm not huge on Fender basses. Nothing really against them, I'm just a Danelectro guy. Never really dug the Fender stuff as far as basses go (love the amps though).

However, I was working on a Frankenbass that had a Bronco body and I was currently debating when to go get the pick ups and how to route it out more and when and which pickguards to use, color to paint it etc. etc. etc.

So during one of my little eBay moments I see a loaded Jazz body with a spare humbucker, a mint green pickguard, and a fender bridge cover.
    That's not all, it was no reserve, so the price was $50!

I obviously added it to my watch list and ended up winning it today for $90.

I'm gonna throw my TBird neck on to it, and put me a lipstick pickup where the bridge pickup was, and have myself a good ol merry time!

Just felt like sharing that I will be trying / joining the Jazz Bass family now (at least I imagine I won't hate it haha)!

-Shane.

2. Oh also, I will be selling the Bronco body along with the pickguard and a separate Dano Wild Thing pickguard in a soon to come thread just in case!

3. It's been shipped!

4. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    That's cool, mang. Hope you enjoy it!

5. Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!

6. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    You get it yet?

7. It's in but I gotta go get it. I'm currently at a graphic design clients house. Going to pick it up when I leave.

8. There we go!
    Gonna put the neck on (TBird) an get her set up ASAP.

Attached Files:

9. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    Crazy-looking pickguard!

10. Right?
    I'm a pretty weird player though so I feel like its fitting.

11. So. I have a problem.
    My TBird neck doesn't fit the J Body.
    The neck pocket is too wide.

I am so sad. I didn't want a Fender neck on this bass, I wanted this TBird neck.

Sigh. Suggestions?

12. </3

Attached Files: