Tal Wilkenfeld Marriage Proposal:

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by JoZac21, Dec 10, 2009.

1. JoZac21

JoZac21

Nov 30, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    In hopes that maybe, perhaps, you might read this forum, Tal, I just wanted to extend my offer for marriage. I know, we never met, but I assure you, although I may not be the most attractive, smartest, or "greatest" man on the planet, I feel we could make beautiful music together, and I feel that you know, somewhere deep in your heart that we were meant to be together. What about my girlfriend, you ask? Don't worry, she doesn't read this forum... and I assure you I will inform her of our marriage in the next few years or so. So what do you say? We both know this is right, so why not just go for it... love is not something we can simply ignore.

P.S. You'll have to move to NYC, since I refuse to live anywhere else... plus my job is here... also I hope you don't mind me playing some of your Sadowskys... they're just about as beautiful as you are... ;)

2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
  3. TalkBass Sponsor

4. Thunderthumbs73

Thunderthumbs73

May 5, 2008
    I'm trying to keep in mind this has indeed been posted in the Bass Humor and Gig Stories Section. I have no idea what kind of person she is. And I don't suppose I'll every find out. And that's ok for me.

5. JoZac21

JoZac21

Nov 30, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    They ^ may laugh at us now, Tal... try to pull us apart... but we're like Romeo and Juliet, two people others don't wish to see together... but they turned out fine in the end.... right?

6. Thunderthumbs73

Thunderthumbs73

May 5, 2008
    And you know how Romeo and Juliet turned out, right?

;)

7. JoZac21

JoZac21

Nov 30, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    If I remember correctly, the final line in the play is "... and they lived happily ever after. The end."

Yep, that's how I remember it... and that's the way my marriage w. Tal will be. Wether it's "'till death do [us] part" or it's a divorce w. me getting half of her Sadowskys... either way, it's happily ever after for us. No poison. None.

8. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    No, Juliet started singing, pawned Romeo's P-bass, and then the band broke up horribly.

9. benthughes

benthughes Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Club member #2, I'm in.

Oooh! Pick me! :D

10. JoZac21

JoZac21

Nov 30, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Wasn't planning on making this a club...

As a matter of fact, it seems you're trying to make this a competition...

Well, I can play this game as well, sir...

A duel at noon, then? Better yet, since we're both musicians... a duel at 6pm, then? Central Park... by the Carousel... I'll be waiting.

11. pmaraziti

pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    I will never want to marry Tal. I met her once, one of the reasons why I wouldn't is because my marriage self.imposed policy says not to marry anybody who plays way better than me: kids wouldn't respect the father! :)

12. JoZac21

JoZac21

Nov 30, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Our children will love the both of us and have great respect for me for having been able to woo her. Plus I will make her teach me everything she knows, between out sweet love making sessions, and our children will be musical prodigies...

So there... pwned.

13. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    you got guts kid. Ill give you that.

14. JoZac21

JoZac21

Nov 30, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thank you.
    Guts I have. Tal I will get. :cool:

15. capnsandwich

capnsandwich Supporting Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    You guys have it all wrong. Tal wants ME, not you. I'm the man of her dreams, plus I've got cable TV.

16. JoZac21

JoZac21

Nov 30, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    Congratulations... you have now made it on my death list.

Plus, I too have cable TV... and a cable modem... and a cell phone... so ha!

17. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    dear JoZac21, this is Tal. i've been hoping all my life that i would meet one of my many stalkers on the internet! i have this belief that marriage to a guy with inferior bass skills would hurt my career. if you are really good then yes,.. i'll let you play with my Sadowsky! i'll pluck the string while you finger the note!!! ahhh,... my amp is so warm right now. maybe you should bring your pretty lil girl friend,.. you know i love trio's!!!
    well JoZac, gotta run, i hear Jeff tuning up for some late night jamming!!! <wink, wink>

18. capnsandwich

capnsandwich Supporting Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Columbus, Ohio
    Cable TV-Check
    Cable Modem-Check
    Cell Phone-Check
    Gorgeous face-Check
    Good Job-Check
    2002 Model Japanese Car-Check
    Jazz CD Collection-Check
    Fridge Full Of Goodies-Check

I WIN!!!:bassist:

19. pmaraziti

pmaraziti

Feb 12, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    considering the age of Tal which barely makes this thread legal ... :) ... I guess who owns a Wii wins...

20. JoZac21

JoZac21

Nov 30, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    FRAUD!!!

I have all of those except a car... although I don't live in Ohio. No offense to you as a person, or even to the state, but I've been to Ohio, and I believe my love would much prefer the excitement and grandeur of New York Effin' City.