1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Talent Show coming up, which song to play?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Wootsticks, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Wootsticks

Wootsticks

Jul 26, 2007
    Houston, TX
    I've got a talent show at my school coming up, and I can't decide which song to play.

Me singing and playing the guitar part on bass to RHCP's Under the Bridge. This option will show off my fairly good singing abilities, and I already know it, so I KNOW it will be really tight by the time the show comes around. I'll also get a couple of my choir girl friends to sing the "Under the bridge downtown...Is where I drew some blood" part with me, and that'll be cool.

Me playing Stu Hamm's "Flow My Tears the Policeman Said". This is an awesome sounding sound that I can out parts of to make it shorter. It's cool, but the repetition is a bit boring. This will get me the amazingness factor. Everyone will be like "Whoa, that's a bass! :oops:."

I can also play a Victor Wooten's "Me and My Bass Guitar". That's just pure fun, and it'll get the audience clapping. I know about half of it already.

So which one guys?

(I don't want to make this a poll, I actually want to hear opinions, not just numbers.)

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    If you can pull off the wooten song that will be the best one. It has the best groove and will also be the most impressive.

Flow My Tears...I think the average talent show audience member will find it boring.

3. Wootsticks

Wootsticks

Jul 26, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Well I mean, I could cut out some parts. Like only repeat a line two or four times instead of sixteen. Some rubato and subtle tempo changes and accents could make it more interesting. It could be pulled off.

4. Me and my bass guitar gets my vote.

Maybe Tommy the Cat if you could "sing" :eyebrow: that too.

5. Wootsticks

Wootsticks

Jul 26, 2007
    Houston, TX
    No thanks. Not much of a Primus fan, but Primus-like stuff could work.

6. Forget all the technical ability showoff crap and think on this...You said you're playing this AT YOUR SCHOOL. Play a song that people know and show off your great singing = get chicks case closed end of discussion.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I think you should play "The Final Countdown".

8. Wootsticks

Wootsticks

Jul 26, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Maybe I can do both...:p

9. The vast majority of the people at your school (I'm assuming its a high school) are only gonna know the RHCP song though!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021