Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

talent show

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by kearney, Mar 2, 2005.

1. kearney

kearney

Jul 5, 2004
    ok so im on stage for the first time tomorrow(in front of a real crowd), school talent show, one song, instrumental, my bass line rises above the song, its seriously that great, the rest of the band is clingin to my tuning keys for dear life, so yeah, tomorrow i play the actuall show, but we went on stage earlier tonight (rehearsals) and like a week ago (auditions), we didnt panic, didnt screw up, we have a full 15 minutes to make sure we got all our **** ont he stage, we all know the song pretty well, (cept our rhythm guitarist :scowl: )

pretty much all i have to worry about tomorrow is getting us all on and off the stage, the amps (especially making sure that my dads home made guitar tube amp's tubes dont get smacked and broken) and life is good :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

i do have to count tho, like shout out how many times weve done the verse, so yeah that part sucks, id rather be jumping around, ill try and get pics if i can,

2. mwm70

mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Baltimore
    Well how did it go?

3. kearney

kearney

Jul 5, 2004
    a-good, we didnt win it but i did all my bass parts right, i sounded kinda bad cuz my dad twiddled with some knobs before the show, and i think my strings died mid song, but i guess theres always gotta be things u can ridicule

[​IMG]