Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tales about guitar players...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Achilles LS, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Post here some of egocentric attitudes of our "lovely" band mates...

---

On my first band reharsal there were whose two guitar players. One wouldn't let me turn up my bass amp to an acceptable volume - I really hate this kind of attitude. Guitar players always want to sound the loudest and let nobody else in the band appear! The other one was always soloing. All the time. You couldn't even talk to him, because of all his soloing. Argh! :mad: Since then I've always hated guitar players in general... I've only met ONE guitar player who's not all that egocentric and snob.

PS : I don't mean to offend anybody! :)

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    There was this band my friend was in called Mesh, and the leader/guitarist was a character! Once before a gig, he announced that he'd be trippin'. :rolleyes: They go into the first song, and he's TOTALLY off, so my friend who's the bassist, says, "Don't worry about it. Let's just go into the next song." They do, and Frank is still playing the LAST song! :eek: Mike is STEAMING. So he says, "Stop! Let's do our last song, and get the hell out of here!" The drummer starts to count off, and Frank stops him, and says, "Hey man, what about my solo?" They had to seperate Mike and Frank that night.

3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I'd post some interesting stories, but I don't want to bring back the bad memories.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Refuse to work with jackasses like that. They are more interested in being up front than making music, they aren't worth your time.