1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Talk about recycling!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fourstringbliss, Oct 2, 2009.

1. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    About a year and a half ago I sold my Zoom B2 here on TB to a guy who went to school about five miles from where I work. A few days ago I decided I wanted a Zoom B2 again and saw that TB'er Spacelordmother had one for sale. We made the deal and he said he went to school near where I worked. We met today at a local GC and it was the same guy! I just bought my Zoom B2 back from the guy I sold it to in the first place!

Anybody else done that here?

2. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Buying a Zoom B2 again...

I don't think anyone has done that.

:p ;)

3. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    :spit:

Seriously, though, I really just bought it as a multifunction headphone amp. I originally sold it because I wasn't knocked out by the digital nature of the amplified sound. I have my tone pretty well hammered out now, though, and I got a great deal on buying my B2 back and also just sold my Vox Amplug Bass headphone amp for a little less than I paid for the B2.

4. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    The important question is - did you both make a profit? :D :D

5. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    I lost money in the original sale and I'm pretty sure he just got a refund.

Nice that I didn't have to buy a new one, though.

6. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Spaaaaaaaaaacelordmothermother.

I've repurchased 3 pieces of gear, although only once was it the exact same thing (because I tracked the bass down). Gonna keep the BF-2 this time, no seriously!

7. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I've never done it myself, but there was a guy on basschat.co.uk who sold me an MXR Blowtorch, which I subsequently sold to somebody else, and then it passed through some more hands before eventually going back to the guy who I'd bought it from. Which made me grin.

But not as much as the time I bought a '91 Thumb bass on eBay for £670, years back now, but I recently saw the same seller buy a replacement on eBay - another '91 model funnily enough, for around £1450.

I knew I'd got a steal at the time but it felt better to see it confirmed. It's still my main bass and I'll never sell it.

8. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    The bass I most regret selling was a beautiful Carvin 4-string. It had a figured maple top with matching headstock, abalone block inlays, a perfect neck, and weighed about 8 lbs. I sold it because I was stupid and "didn't like the tone". This was before I knew about replacing pickups and preamps. Doh! I'd love to buy that bass back!

9. Can I help you with something?

:smug:

And for the record, I took a loss on the unit too, but due to the small issue with the knobs being finicky, I don't mind so much. I got what I asked for it.

Thanks again, Matt!

10. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    Sorry about that - I couldn't remember how much I charged you originally. Thanks again!

11. I've bought the same Morley Power Wah 3 times...:ninja:

12. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Dont knock the ZOOM stuff. I have a B1 thats a blast to noodle around with.

Their not "boutique" but fun for the money.

13. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Jimi Hendrix used to pawn his g****r before every show (back before his solo days). It's cool, don't sweat it. ;)

14. fourstringbliss

Oct 5, 2003
    Puyallup, WA
    It's actually better than I remember! I've got a pretty good clean tone using the SWR model. One big difference is I'm playing through a Yorkville BM400 115 combo and the head is very transparent - no real tone on it's own. It also has a switchable 10-band EQ with VERY well chosen shelving frequencies. I've been setting the EQ on the models flat and adjusting on the amp, for the most part.

My problem is that I don't know how to effectively EQ/add effects to really get the sound I'm looking for - but then I don't know if this unit can do it. I can pretty much get it with my Hartke Bass attack pedal, though.

15. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    I wasn't knocking ZOOM stuff. That was a joke. ;)

I have nothing against ZOOM. I used to have a small ZOOM multi that served me well.

16. I actually have three of them

3978274897_50350a57fe_o.
    Got the 505 from my gui**** when he decided to get dedicated pedals, and I didn't have a guitar amp.

The 506 I bought because I wanted to explore effects, to see what I liked and wanted, and the Expression pedal and rhythm programs sold me on the 708.