1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Talk About Your Tree Huggers And Redwood Lovers

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Luke Sheridan, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Luke Sheridan

Luke Sheridan Commercial User

Dec 30, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I build guitars and sell them. Strings, too
  2. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Give em credit Luke.....they are on a mission to chart and record all future redwood tops for the next generation of luthiers....LMAO

3. Luke Sheridan

Dec 30, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Absolutely. I'd love to have that job. Let's just hope those tops don't get cut until 2806....

4. tribal3140

tribal3140 Banned

Nov 9, 2004
    near detroit...uh
    wow , a bunch of D&D, LOTR loving dudes in the woods sweating and looking for the "biggest one."

things that make you go Hmmmm.

:eek:

5. not that weird

6. Dean N

Dean N

Jul 4, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'd love to spend a day outside in the woods around there, walking through a giant redwood forest! That would be some great hiking.

I might need my +1 hiking boots.

7. of greater mana drain?

8. Nelson Guitars

Nelson Guitars

Aug 14, 2006
    Novato California
    Custom builder
    Think of how boring the world would be if it weren't for "strange" people like this. Just look around this forum from the perspective of someone who is not passionate about basses and we all seem strange to them.

Vive la difference!

Greg

9. Try John Muir Woods national forest, just off the Pacific Coast highway north of San Francisco. Old growth, really tall...and underneath the canopy grow those trees that provide bay leaves for cooking (can't recall the name). The combination of aromas is really something.

And you don't need anything more than sneakers. :)

10. Alaska Bass

Alaska Bass

Dec 31, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    I'm more of a stump hugger myself! I once pondered being a tree hugger, but the thought of wiping myself with a spotted owl was more than I could bear.

11. You're thinking of Myrtlewood, AKA Oregon Myrtle, California laurel, or just plain Bay laurel along the California north coast. "Pepperwood" to some of us who cut it. It's NOT the same bay leaf used in cooking beans :)

Drivng along the redwood highway seeing all the giant redwoods is awesome, but then you see a roadside sign "Big Tree" with an arrow pointing down a side road...you just gotta see "that" one!!

Luke, that link didn't work for me. rats!!

12. Basschair

Basschair .............. Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

Hey Larry, would that be the tree you can drive through?

I was up that way a few weeks ago and took a chance, and it was an amazing tree.

13. Nope..that drive thru tree is "small" compared to the "Big Tree". I think "Big Tree" is an official name for the tree. I'll check it out...

14. Luke Sheridan

Dec 30, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
  15. Al, where in the hell have you been???