Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Talk America

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    for those not familiar with them, they're one of the newer phone companies out there.... they have pushed me way past my limit.

when i was moving in January I asked them if they could have the phone turned off at my old place and on in the new on the same date. no problem. i explained that it was imperative that i had a phone cuz that's how i'm called into work in the morning (i substitute teach). wouldn't ya know it - old phone was shut, no new phone. they tell me they'll hook it up the next day. they come, but didn't tell me i had to be here.... they couldn't do anything. they tell me next time they can get someone there will be the following monday, 4 days away - and that they can't give me a specific time. i don't go to work, sit in the house all day - nobody shows up. they tell me they'll send someone in 2 more days. my girlfriend stays home from work....... they don't show. this goes on for an agonizing, angry 2 weeks. i finally get my phone line and they tell me they're not going to charge me the $40 for change of address, nor for the time i didnt' have a phone.

i get my bill - i'm charged for everything.

call again, get the usual 20 minutes on hold, and then - we'll take care of it.

next bill - same thing.

the customoer service people get rude and angry and try to appease me with comforting things like "well, we didn't charge you for the time you didn't have service, I'm not sure what you want from us?!?"

the only reason i held on to the service is because I didn't want them to start skrewing with my service or my bill again, and i wanted to be credited for the things they said they'd credit me for.

anyhow - yesterday was the kicker! I called to ask them the appy a call forwarding number, and it's the 1 and ONLY time I had no problem with them. They asked me if I would please take a quick survey. I said yes because i wanted them to know exactly what i thought - and the survey related only to the transactions on that particular call. The 25 other transactions I had where i could have killed someone, I was never asked to take that poll. I called back to ask them why that was - and they said it's they're policy at the end of every phone interaction to ask the customer if they'd like to take the poll.

this company is BAD news. I'm changing. any suggestions?

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sounds like you'd be better off just yelling as loudly as you can. 1) get a mobile for emergencies from a different company than your landline. They are getting REALLy inexpensive now. 2) Do you have Verizon in your area? -Big and expensive, but generally more competent than the others.

3. You should take them to small claims court to get the money they basically stole from you. Thats just not cool man.

4. jitsoa33

jitsoa33 Guest

Mar 10, 2003
    lafayette, ca
    yeah.