1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Talk Bass Confession

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by nellie48, Sep 9, 2008.

1. I practice more than I post

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. I probably practice and post equally

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. I post more than I practice

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. What...practice? I dont have time for that I'm on TB!

7 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. nellie48

nellie48 Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    How many of you are like me and spend more time talking about bass on TB than you do actually playing and practicing? I have learned a great deal from TB discussions but if I can get myself to practice as much as I post, I'd be a pro by now!

2. Numero dos.

3. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    TB is a time killer at work. Bass is a time sucker at home.

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    +1

I on here as many hours I work per week pretty much.

With 2 young kids at home, I don't really have time or even care to have time to be on here.

This is my workday killer.

5. So you work the night shift eh?

6. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    Same here. Mostly on at work because of the nature of my job (IT). Usually make a quick browse when I am at home. play bass several times a week, BUT I never play bass at work! I have my scruples ya know :ninja:

7. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Sadly, I've probably posted more than I've practiced over a long stretch of time, though I'm practicing a lot more lately than I have in a long time.

8. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    Posting more than practicing, but thats because Im bandless right now... :(

9. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    I don't like to practice. It's boring. I like to jam, preferably with friends. Of course I realize I need to practice to get better, but I'm pretty happy with the level I'm at anyway.

On the other hand I need to practice guitar a hell lot more than I've done the past years to be able to teach it properly and be an inspiration to those kids (see my separate thread about it). I did my share of that today, with a metronome ticking all the time. :)