Talk Bass, five years from now. A vision

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MicceO, Oct 7, 2004.

1. MicceO

Aug 12, 2004
    There will be:

:( a huge search button

(as no newbie questions are allowed. everything is done to death by the oldies and everyone violating this unwritten norm will know his/her place very quickly)

:( a medium size OT button and OT forum where fart humour florishes

:( a tiny lounge button and a lounge where a small group of bassists run their high level discussions that newbies have not the least possibilities to participate in

Hopefully not! But it would be interesting to know if there are different visions. :eyebrow:
  2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Matt Till declares himself Eternal Moderator Of All That I See and rules with an iron fist.
  3. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    If you'd ever had the opportunity to read the Lounge, you'd probably find it totally disinterting.

Well apart from the free gold bars for all lounge members thread, yeah, i liked that one. :ninja:
  4. Especially if you´re not American, since most threads there seem to revolve around US politics.

But anyways, I´m sure Behringer threads will be plentiful even five years from now. :bag:
  5. ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    A special mouse will be needed to login and browse, one that sends 9v electric shocks. Threadstarter gets it when a thread is similarly repeated, Nickthebassist everytime he logs in.
  6. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    There will be no need for an "Ask The Pro" section as everybody will already know EVERYTHING! ... wait a minute, that's the way it is NOW! :D
  7. Well, maybe that's because most members are from the US... (no, not me).
  8. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    That was a good thread. I needed the doorstops.

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    the US bashing will eventually bore the ignorant and they will move on to something more interesting.
  10. Yes, I sort of knew that, just observing ;) . Personally I don´t much care about any politics, Finnish or American or whatever.

I hope Blissheads mention of "US Bashing" wasn´t referring to my post. I have nothing against USA or any other country (well, maybe Sweden :p ). As I said, I´m just not very interested in discussing politics. I´m sure nobody here isn´t interested in Finnish politics either...
  11. That's cause we all think you are too close to Russia. Just how friendly ARE you with the Ruskies?

Rock on
  12. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    hey, try having parents with the smarts to name you "ivan" during the cold war.............. :rolleyes:
    i would like to see more stickies at the top of the forums to address FAQ type stuff like i was trying to do in my "ohms faq" thread
    oh, and more supporting member perks, like say, live nude webcams............
  13. Dude, no. Think JT, embellisher, Brad Johnson.....

Excuse me, I must go poke out my mind's eye.

Rock on
  14. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    oh ick................
    i was kinda thinking links to
    if that's a real site i'll die.............
  15. It almost was. It had the "Opening site" message, which kinda got my attention. Then it just said Domain for Sale.

Rock on
  16. odie

odie Supporting Member

So is Sweden like the Canada of the USA?? :D :smug:
  17. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD

It might bore the ignorant, but what about the Australians?

Oh wait...

18. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    We figure we can get away with it given the chance that any given American could find Australia on a map, and thus attack us, is pretty low :D

19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I said ignorant not criminal... ;)

CoolHat, if I was poking at you I would have quoted you, I was just joking around in general.
  20. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    I was in a group doing a project in eigth grade, and my partner, who wasn't the brightest buld in the box, thought Australia was a U.S. state.