Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Talk(Bass) me into/out of a YBA200 ( more cab related )

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Danm, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Danm

Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    Howdy,

My mind is pretty much made up... Thinking of going for the YBA200... Will be using it with a couple of Aussie made cabs filled with Eminence Deltas, Here's what I've got.

A 4x10 600W @ 8ohms
    A 2x12 400W @ 8ohms

As I said, They are Eminence Delta's... I hear that they use these speakers in a lot of cabs by other manufacturers...

The rooms I play are kinda on the smaller side, I guess the largest would be about a 500 seater and that would have PA support....

Using a MM Stingray 4 so should probably go with the gain decreasing mods... Playing mostly fingerstyle blues and rock.

Other than that, am I on a winner????

I generally let my ears be the judge but in this case I have a problem in that the market for them here in Oz is so small, the only dealer I have in my state won't/can't get one in for me to try ( said it was an "esoteric" amp whooo hooo ).... Once they order it, I've bought it if you know what I mean...

Looking for a nice fat rock tone.... Hoping the reviews I've had sofar agree with what I'm thinking..

Peace & happy Australia day!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Well at least you've stopped talking about that Behringer 8x10 :)

If you get this amp, what are you going to do with the amp that's connected to the 2x12 combo?

3. Danm

Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    4x10 on top, 2x12 on the bottom & a coupla strips of black gaffa tape over the amp... From 2 feet away you can't see any difference.....

Any probs, rip off the gaffa tape & there's my backup rig!!!

Poifict!!

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Dan do you want me to see if anyone in Sydney has one on display? At least that way I can go in and do some preliminary testing for you.

5. Danm

Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    You beat me to it, I was thinking lastnight about asking you to see if you could spot any up there....

Thanks, 'preciate it!

D

6. Danm

Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    Was just over at Pro Audio & Lozza ( I share Bass duties in a band with him ) said he may be able to get one down here for me to try... Is going to call me later today & let me know how it goes... He shared my opinion that I shouldn't be obligated to buy a peice of gear when all I wanna do is try it out to see if it will do what I want it to.. He knows I'm good for the money too which helps... I've bought all of my rig from them with the exception of my Stingray...

Anyhoo, will update if anyone's interested....

7. Danm

Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    Loz just called to tell me he'll have one here early next week for me to try!!!!!!!!!!!

Yippeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for the wife acceptance factor!!!!!!!

:hyper: :bassist: :hyper: :bassist: :hyper:

8. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    :) Dan I'm not even married and my better half is hounding me about why I need to build another speaker. Yet when she wants a new pair of $300 shoes, I am told to shut up and mind my own business. I wonder if a builder has to ask his wife before he buys a new power tool? Probably not!

I find it's easier to get arund the little woman if you can show that the money spent will earn itself back.

9. Danm

Danm

Sep 24, 2003
    Canberra Australia
    Mines pretty good all things considered.......

I don't think she has any $300 pairs of shoes tho either!!!!!!!