Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

talk bass stats

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MarkyMark, Feb 6, 2006.

1. MarkyMark

MarkyMark

Dec 11, 2005
  2. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    What happened on Jan 11 and 12? Real spikes ...

None of the top forums are piano forums ... the order is guitar, bass, everything else ... hemm :confused:

3. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    I think that the mods should consider cleaning up all of these unused accounts... if not for an accurate appraisal of ourselves as a community, but maybe it'll speed up some software performace? Perhaps...less overhead? I can't think of a real reason why they should, and I know it would probably be a decent amount of work, but it's something I'd like to see done. Im sure that the real number of posts per used is a LOT bigger than 52...

4. i think Paul addressed that saying that the unused names aren't really taking up much bandwidth, or at least not enough to take the time to actually go about doing it...i might be wrong though...

props to TB for being 8th overall in instrumental forums, i think its pretty good considering its the first specialized instrument forum (bass) (the others are tabsite forums, genre forums, etc)

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Id put the posts per active member at a few hundred, heh.

6. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Average I would say would be much higher than that. Heck, at say 300 posts each, Brad alone covers for almost 54 spam starters.

This poll's respondents right now hav an average of 2613.5.

{yes, I'm bored and sick}

7. How do we define unused account, anyways? One week, one month? 90 days+? My guess is that the real average posts/user is somewhere in the low hundreds, given the number of lurkers that probably just sign up to see the pics in threads.

offtopic: Wow, I just discovered that in quick reply now you can ctrl-i,-b and -u and it brings up the tags. Very classy.