Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Talk bassist you like readin most

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    There are certain postings I get a kick out of reading more than others. Call me what you may - but I gotta throw JWC a vote here for the most entertaining messages. I can tell he need the ego boost too....

Who are your favorites?

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Humor (with expertise)- notduane

Tech Knowledge and willingness to share it lavishly- MikeyD, Joris

Bass Knowledge- John Turner, Gard, Brad Johnson, Bruce "the Post King" Linfield,

Road Dogs- gweimer, Herm

Wisdom - Jason Oldstead

I'll be back to edit as there are so many great people here, but these come to mind readily. Then again I was just getting up when I originally posted.

[Edited by rickbass1 on 01-30-2001 at 01:22 PM]

3. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Hmmm... I always like reading Bruce's posts (And there are enough of then to choose from!), Jason Olsted has always been very intelligent and informative, and I enjoy seeing JT come up with more and more excuses to put up pictures of his "family" for us to see.

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :D

5. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    [​IMG] Awwwwuh :D . Donkey-shines Rb1 :p You make a feller' blush :oops:
    This new guy "michael" shows real promise [​IMG]...
    ( http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=10395 )

6. NJXT

NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    MMmh a lot ... but just to name a few :
    Jason Oldsted, Osteyrman, MikeyD, J "so many snecks and strings" T , Brad Johnson, Rickbass1, Bruce Linfield, embellisher, Brad Johnson, VictorLeMonteWooten, notduane, Punks&Donuts ... and everyone who answers my posts, posts interesting (for me) threads, or even post anything when I'm bored at work ;)

7. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I'd have to go with brewer9. His posts are always well thought out, informative and humorous. He is what all TalkBassers strive to be like. His insight and understanding is beyond compare. If only we could all live up to the amazing standard of excellence that brewer9 set for us without even trying.

8. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Humble...you forgot humble! :D

-robert

9. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

This new guy "michael" shows real promise [​IMG]

10. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...just remember, you are not a real member until you've been KungFuqua'd...

11. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    Good `un, but that's borderline "meanie" :( . I just posted a reply to this new guy
    over in Setup. The English was horrendous. But FIRST I checked his profile.
    That fella' in the thread you referenced is from Germany. As much as I like toyin'
    with woids, I got this dang, yappin', conscience sayin' "be nice, he'p out".
    `Sides, my great-greats were mostly Swedish. It's that "diplomacy" thang. Well that
    and bein' a stoic, self-centered, tall, good-lookin', broad-shouldered, sex fiend :p .

On the other hand, when I'm dealin' with an off-the-chart smart-@$$ (such as yourself ;) ),
    it's no holds barred. Fer' instance: check out this cool anagram...

President Clinton of the USA <::> To copulate, he finds interns

[Edited by notduane on 01-31-2001 at 04:08 PM]

12. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    My favorite poster here is PCBH- that has the be the most ignorant son of a bitch on talkbass on I enjoy knowing there are people much stupider than the people I have to put up with on a daily basis in the real world.

I like Willie Dizon too. His political agenda is a respectable one. He's a cool guy too.

Dave Siff. He keeps on feeding me proof that most Democrats are sleazy scum bags and criminals. But I am sure I'd like the guy in real life.

13. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    My favorite poster here is PCBH- that has the be the most ignorant son of a bitch on talkbass on I enjoy knowing there are people much stupider than the people I have to put up with on a daily basis in the real world.

I like Willie Dizon too. His political agenda is a respectable one. He's a cool guy too.

Dave Siff. just kidding.

14. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    JT and Gard are the first to pop up in my mind,among many others.

15. Gotta give a hand to JWC(sorry, its now fixed) and PCBH, they've kept me entertained today with there little feud

did you guys know family feud comes on again?? sorry, thats got nothing to do with this

[Edited by funkopotimus on 01-30-2001 at 06:52 PM]

16. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    yeah, with that tub of crap Louie Anderson. I wish what's his face hadn't of blown his brains out. and by the way, thats JWC!

17. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    My favorites are Brad Johnson, Joris, and JWC. Oh yeah, there used to be this REALLY cool moderator named White_something or another: he was the bomb! You all should send him free gear (particularly Fender fretless jazz basses)! :)

18. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    i think you got that name from that one grace slick song.

19. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    TalkBass just ain't the same without frequent opinionated ramblings from Psycho Bass Guy...

20. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I like Brendan and Dragen. Their angst takes me back to my youth.