1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

talk me into or out of getting a moog mf flanger

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Unemploid, Feb 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. no youtube videos of the mf flange on bass and talkbass doesn't have much into.

so, should i be the first to try it out?

does anyone own this pedal or has tryed it out?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  2. blizward

blizward

Feb 21, 2013
    Rennes - France
    I actually had the big pedal version of this one, the moog MF-103.
    Given that Moog pedals are designed to give the player a broad range of settings, I wouldn't be worried at all.
    You'd have troubles sounding as fat in the bass end as a Moog synth.
    If it can handle a synth, it can handle any bass.
    Hope that helps.

3. i'd just like some more sound samples. in the video, his setting more of a chorus like effect, which is good. i have money this week for a new pedal, and kinda leaning towards a flange. i guess i could return if anything. the bass chorus deluxe is cheaper, but not by much and the ebs unichorus is smaller but more expensive.

4. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Flange starts up around the 3:08 mark:

I like the MXR more.

But I prefer a more subtle phasing effect even more.

5. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    i did a video of my Clusterflux, which i think the flange minifooger is pretty close to the flange stuff starts at about 5 mins in

wyrtti and TheSlenderman like this.
  6. TheSlenderman

TheSlenderman

Aug 24, 2012
    DeLand, FL
    That Clusterflux sounds awesome! Just starting to move beyond dirt effects, myself. Snagged an early MIJ Boss BF-2 flanger for my first foray into modulation. Certainly not anywhere near as optioned out as the Moog, or the Alexander F13 I was looking at, but I figured I couldn't go wrong for the price.

Driven Crane and Musicman1901 like this.
  7. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Man, you have stepped into a deadly combination. This is TalkBass......AND this is the effects forum.

That answer will ALWAYS be.....

"Yes. Get it. Post a video so the rest of us can hear it. Sell it later if you don't like it." :thumbsup:

We are enablers here. That's what we do. Talking you OUT of something will rarely happen. :wacky:

swspiers, Unemploid and Musicman1901 like this.
  8. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    Hey that's me!

9. Musicman1901

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    Seeing that video makes me miss that pedal. The good news is they're super cheap on eBay. Pick one up for 60 bucks and see if you like it before kicking the money out on the moog. If you decide you're really into the flanger effect then get the moog and sell the boss for what you paid. They go so cheap on the used market it's easy to buy it, try it, and flip it if you're not into it.

BawanaRik and Unemploid like this.
  10. Musicman1901

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    I have recently been looking at the moog 103 phaser but man their stuff is pricey. If you go for the moog post videos to feed all of our addictions and make us want one :)

Unemploid likes this.
  11. i tryed to order one the other day at sam ash, but they don't have the mf flanger on their website. i was trying out the mxr bass chorus at the shop and found some good chorus setting. i took it to the house and found some good flange settings. my flange desires have not been fulfilled yet. i'll post a video of the bass chorus flanger mode when i can. i have more money now, somehow. i may buy another pedal, but i'm think about buying an amp.

12. Musicman1901

Jun 1, 2012
    Rochester, NY
    As much as this hurts to say, amp first and pedals later haha. I'm a huge effects but you gotta have a nice rig to hear it through. Killer amp and THEN effects

Unemploid likes this.
  13. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I always get a laugh out of "talk me out of it" post.