1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Talk to me about 'bass drivers' please

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sublab, Jul 15, 2012.

1. I don't use much pedals besides a chorus and a fuzz, but yesterday I was fooling around on an American Special Precision in a local store and had a Zoom FX processor to play with aswell. I didn't have the time to explore the Zoom well enough and at first it sounded like 'too much steroïds' and too little character. But then I stumbled upon 'Bass Driver' and WHOW! The precision almost sounded like having 2 humbuckers and the sound just blew me away. I then fiddled with the drive effect and it continued to stun me. So what does this effect do exactly? Is it some sort of overdrive but cleaner?

2. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    I think it is a modeled Sansamp Bass Driver. Pretty much a Bass Preamp.

3. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    Yup, that's a model of the Sansamp Bass Driver DI.

4. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Yup, sort of an amp simulator that can get you a beefier tone... as you experienced of course.

There are dozens of pedals that do this type of thing. A lot to look into. :)

5. Thanks!

You guys have any recomendations? Maybe somthing vintage sounding?

6. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    If you like the BDDI model-mode, why not go for the real thing?

Riis

7. simenandreas

simenandreas

Jan 23, 2011
    Check out the Darkglass b3k! Best sounding overdrive I`ve tried